Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/blood-moon-lunar-eclipse-150018/)

Beaner 04-03-2015 12:15 PM

Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse

As you can see I'm a new member of TOTV so bear with me.

Upon looking through the Archives I noticed a thread on the Blood Moon last April. We are to have another one Sat. April 4. Although it sounds like you were disappointed in last years eclipse (not red enough) let me add some food for thought for this one.

NASA defines four consecutive Total Lunar Eclipse (Blood Moon) as a "Lunar Eclipse Tetrad." This Blood Moon is the third of four consecutive eclipse, the next one will be in Sept.

But here is what makes this more interesting (to me). This Tetrad all four dates fall on Jewish Feast Days.

April 15, 2015 October 8, 2014 April 4, 2015 September 28, 2015
Passover Feast of the Passover Feast of the
Tabernacles Tabernacles

This has happened four times in the last 500 years.

1493-1494 1949-1950 1967-1968 2014-2015

Not trying to read too much into this but if you remember some dates in history
you will remember that some significant turn of events happened to the Jewish culture on or around these dates.

Is this what happens when you retire and have extra time that you didn't have before?
Maybe I spend too much time with my head in the stars and not enough thought into why the Cubs can't win a World Series.

Ecuadog 04-03-2015 12:50 PM

Very interesting. Thanks.

Laurie2 04-03-2015 01:10 PM

I don't know much about the Blood Moon, but if you are in The Villages, you might want to check the catalog for the Lifelong Learning College.

A class Blood Moon Prophecies has been taught there in the past.

You can find the current catalog online by going to thevillages.com, click on the tab for Lifestyle which will take you to a drop-down menu that will have Lifelong Learning. And that will link you to the current catalog. The instructor for that class has been Eli Cohen, I think.

I do not know when or if the class will be offered again. I have not seen the new catalog yet. You will find the catalog to be quite extensive. I think it is kind of fun to browse through and I have taken some good classes there.

Beaner 04-03-2015 01:26 PM

Thank you.

Villager Joyce 04-03-2015 02:48 PM

It is too bad all threads can't be like this. Thanks for bringing us interesting information.

Villager Joyce 04-03-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie2 (Post 1039686)
I don't know much about the Blood Moon, but if you are in The Villages, you might want to check the catalog for the Lifelong Learning College.

A class Blood Moon Prophecies has been taught there in the past.

You can find the current catalog online by going to thevillages.com, click on the tab for Lifestyle which will take you to a drop-down menu that will have Lifelong Learning. And that will link you to the current catalog. The instructor for that class has been Eli Cohen, I think.

I do not know when or if the class will be offered again. I have not seen the new catalog yet. You will find the catalog to be quite extensive. I think it is kind of fun to browse through and I have taken some good classes there.

Just missed it. The class was March 17th.

njbchbum 04-03-2015 05:58 PM

Will it be visible here in the Villages?

Mleeja 04-03-2015 06:45 PM

[/QUOTE]
Maybe I spend too much time with my head in the stars and not enough thought into why the Cubs can't win a World Series.[/QUOTE]

Being a life long Cub fan I know why you spend your time thinking of other things. But hope is eternal and baseball season begins next week! I am sure this will be the year for the Cubs. In the meantime, I'll see if I can stake out a good place to view the eclipse! Thanks for the information. :highfive:

BobandMary 04-03-2015 08:19 PM

Pray for Israel.

dbussone 04-03-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobandMary (Post 1039920)
Pray for Israel.

Happy Pesach and God bless Israel and all our Jewish friends.