Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Savannah Center (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/savannah-center-150216/)

annaconner 04-04-2015 09:04 PM

Savannah Center

Heard tonight that when The Sharon opens Savannah will not stage any more shows. Has anyone heard this.

chuck90199 04-05-2015 08:34 AM

My barber's uncle's cousin, who has a neighbor that works for Aldi, said they were sure it was going to be torn down to make room for Trader Joes. Since Trader Joes is owned by Aldi, it must be true. Of course, my friend from NY said Savannah Center was going to be the new Macy's. I just don't know who to believe.

Villager Joyce 04-05-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck90199 (Post 1040549)
My barber's uncle's cousin, who has a neighbor that works for Aldi, said they were sure it was going to be torn down to make room for Trader Joes. Since Trader Joes is owned by Aldi, it must be true. Of course, my friend from NY said Savannah Center was going to be the new Macy's. I just don't know who to believe.

Sorry to disappoint you but it is going to be converted into a costco. We heard this from our cat sitter who heard it from her cat. :22yikes:

bandsdavis 04-05-2015 09:04 AM

It's fun to read people's comic answers to questions sometimes. (Love the cat's answer). For a real answer, let me offer this: The Resident Lifestyle groups who regularly perform at the Savannah for musical theater, band concerts, etc, are already booking dates well into 2016. We have also been told that we will not have the opportunity to perform in The Sharon (at least not in the foreseeable future). Therefore, yes, shows will still go on at Savannah. But the professional performances will be primarily at The Sharon. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the "lower level" professional acts at Savannah once in a while, though.

annaconner 04-05-2015 09:12 AM

Thank you for that answer. It does seem reasonable that the professional acts would bring in more of an audience prepared to pay and the Savannah Center be kept for "the peoples'" shows. I don't think I would pay $100 for any show apart from Rod Stewart!!

newguyintv 04-05-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck90199 (Post 1040549)

For starters, Trader Joe's is NOT owned by ALDI.

2BNTV 04-05-2015 10:10 AM

I heard from aunt's, uncle's, grandfather that shows at the Savannah, will continue. :smiley:

BTW - Their viewpoint is from heaven. :D

asianthree 04-05-2015 10:39 AM

Maybe another one of those nifty gas stations for carts only

chuckinca 04-05-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguyintv (Post 1040592)

From Wikipedia:

"Trader Joe's was founded by Joe Coulombe and has been owned since 1979 by a German family trust established by Aldi Nord's owner Theo Albrecht."

More Wikipedia lies?

gatherer47 04-05-2015 12:44 PM

I heard it was to be turned into a gigantic food court-White Castle,Nathan's,Sbarro's,Wiener World,Zaxby's,El Pollo Loco,Panda Express,etc...

JoMar 04-05-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatherer47 (Post 1040701)
I heard it was to be turned into a gigantic food court-White Castle,Nathan's,Sbarro's,Wiener World,Zaxby's,El Pollo Loco,Panda Express,etc...

<perk> White Castle :)

DougB 04-05-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguyintv (Post 1040592)

Did your uncle's friend's plumber's cat sitter tell you that?

dbussone 04-05-2015 05:27 PM

Savannah Center

Trader Joe's is an American privately held chain of specialty grocery stores headquartered in Monrovia, California, in Greater Los Angeles. As of 16 May 2014, Trader Joe's had a total of 418 stores. Approximately half of its stores are in California, with the heaviest concentration in Southern California, but the company also has locations in 38 other states and Washington, D.C.[1]

Trader Joe's was founded by Joe Coulombe and has been owned since 1979 by a German family trust established by Aldi Nord's owner Theo Albrecht.[5] The chain has offices in Monrovia, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.[6]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trader_Joe%27s

Cisco Kid 04-05-2015 05:50 PM

The Savannah Center will be the location of the new Cattle Barons .

Mleeja 04-05-2015 06:34 PM

I read on TOTV that Savanah Center is sinking and will be closed for shoring up and renovations. A second floor is going to be added with a Costco and Trader Joes going on the first floor. To accomidate the new companies half of the parking lot will be eliminated.