Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   The Sky is Falling (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/sky-falling-150278/)

TheVillageChicken 04-05-2015 02:50 PM

The Sky is Falling

I guess they pay people to sit around and invent problems attributable to our culture/lifestyle/society.

I just saw on the news that there is major concern over the amount of cholesterol children are getting from Easter Eggs.

gomoho 04-05-2015 03:40 PM

If only this country would stop majoring in the minors.

Topspinmo 04-05-2015 04:22 PM

All about the grant:22yikes:

Villager Joyce 04-05-2015 04:28 PM

If/when the sky does fall, it will fall on my head in The Villages. Can it get any better than that? I don't think so.

sunnyatlast 04-05-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 1040785)
If only this country would stop majoring in the minors.

I'd say "If only the media would stop manipulating the minors into being majors".

Cisco Kid 04-05-2015 05:38 PM

That appears to be the story line here on TOTV .

fred53 04-05-2015 07:11 PM

I'm just glad they don't pay people...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken (Post 1040767)
I guess they pay people to sit around and invent problems attributable to our culture/lifestyle/society.

I just saw on the news that there is major concern over the amount of cholesterol children are getting from Easter Eggs.

to sit around and post what others are being paid to sit around and write/talk/blod/tweet about....oops...nothing is more useful than being reminded how stupid things can be...

JP 04-05-2015 07:18 PM

Our society is intent on taking all the joy out of living by telling us how bad everything is for us. Moderation is the key to happiness---try to forget about all the "evils" out there in our food, air and water that are trying to kill us and enjoy what you like.

Barefoot 04-06-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 1040852)
Our society is intent on taking all the joy out of living by telling us how bad everything is for us. Moderation is the key to happiness---try to forget about all the "evils" out there in our food, air and water that are trying to kill us and enjoy what you like.

LIKE. :thumbup:

Villages PL 04-10-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken (Post 1040767)

Do you have a link to that story? Anyone can take a comment out of context.

Sorry, I'm only asking what would be asked of me if I started a thread like this.

Isn't it amazing that no one else thought to ask that question?

BTW, there are more and more kids who have diabetes and heart disease etc.

TheVillageChicken 04-10-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages PL (Post 1043292)
Do you have a link to that story? Anyone can take a comment out of context.

Sorry, I'm only asking what would be asked of me if I started a thread like this.

Isn't it amazing that no one else thought to ask that question?

BTW, there are more and more kids who have diabetes and heart disease etc.

Kind of hard to provide a link to something I saw on TV.

dbussone 04-10-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken;10***17
Kind of hard to provide a link to something I saw on TV.

Don't worry about it it's one of several sentences he dishes out. Another is that you can't trust anything on the Internet. It's a circular argument that leads nowhere.

LndLocked 04-10-2015 06:10 PM

I always liked the version ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBOJT38Cvg

Villages PL 04-11-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone;10***29
Don't worry about it it's one of several sentences he dishes out. Another is that you can't trust anything on the Internet. It's a circular argument that leads nowhere.

Quote:

Originally posted by Barefoot: Sentences can be taken out of context - please link us to the complete article.
Quote:

Originally posted by Graciegirl: Sentences can be taken out of context - please link us to the complete article.
:bigbow:

Villages PL 04-11-2015 01:51 PM

This may be the reason for the TV news story:

Search: "High Cholesterol & Liver Problems" or "Liver Function and Cholesterol Levels" (Livingstrong.com)

"High cholesterol levels can lead to a build up of fat in your liver potentially causing.....fatty liver disease." If left untreated, it can lead to scarring and eventual liver failure.

I remember reading a report on this some time ago stating that more and more kids are developing fatty liver disease.