Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Late Play Executive Course (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/late-play-executive-course-152385/)

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 10:19 AM

Late Play Executive Course

What executive courses would you suggest for late play...going out around just before (or after) the shack closes? I'm wondering which courses may be less crowded at that time of day. I just love to play leisurely and finish up as (or after) the sun sets. :)

fred53 04-24-2015 02:11 PM

They are all good for that....assuming you aren't going to skip out on trail fees or playing with folks that don't pay the amenities fees...that'd be theft eh?

logdog 04-24-2015 02:32 PM

I did a quick look at open tee times for tomorrow after 5pm and there are almost 400 available. This time of year with snowbirds gone, you should be able to call any executive starter shack near you and get a time.

Buckeye Bob 04-24-2015 03:18 PM

Can a single just show up at an executive course and get paired with a group?

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1050613)
They are all good for that....assuming you aren't going to skip out on trail fees or playing with folks that don't pay the amenities fees...that'd be theft eh?

Boy, suspicious type at all? :) My wife and I both are fully paid up for trail fees.

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob (Post 1050638)
Can a single just show up at an executive course and get paired with a group?

Usually. Especially later in the day when tee times are in less demand.

Back to my original question...I was just asking if certain courses are more "open" later in the day. I often go the hour before sunset...the less crowded the better. :)

rubicon 04-24-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1050613)

Fred good for you I have had starters tell me more than once how golfers won't pay trail fees and try to sneak by without paying the daily rate. One starter caught two of them and they refused to pay and refused to play going home. good I hope they stay there cheap skates

I hope the golf Administration is patrolling after hours for villagers like that and from locals who have been known to jump a fence to play

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 03:47 PM

Thanks so much for hijacking this thread guys. Why don't you start another thread about fee skippers...that's not the topic of this thread.

Mikeod 04-24-2015 03:55 PM

I'm not sure there is any course that will be more open than another. As suggested above, you may want to look at tomorrow's tee times to see which courses have more open times late in the day to get an idea where it may be better to go.

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeod (Post 1050660)
I'm not sure there is any course that will be more open than another. As suggested above, you may want to look at tomorrow's tee times to see which courses have more open times late in the day to get an idea where it may be better to go.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I already have at least one course that works pretty well usually. I won't say which one. I want to keep it that way!! LOL! (PM me if you want to know...hehe.) I'm just looking for others.

Polar Bear 04-24-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggie (Post 1050679)
So you want all the information from others but do not give any out --- Nice

Boy, I can't win. Okay...even though I was going for a bit of a yuck, I can see how you could take it that way...

I've only tried it a few times, but Mira Mesa seems to be fairly light in the evenings. That's my entire list...full disclosure.

Now if anybody would like to add to the list, I'd appreciate it. :)

redwitch 04-24-2015 05:16 PM

Don't play golf so no help here but just thought you could use a hug after this thread, so ....... HUG!

Blessed2BNTV 04-24-2015 06:05 PM

Polar,

Great question. Hubby and I are new here and don't play so well now and look forward to others answering your question!

grayesun 04-24-2015 06:23 PM

Take Your Pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1050520)
What executive courses would you suggest for late play...going out around just before (or after) the shack closes? I'm wondering which courses may be less crowded at that time of day. I just love to play leisurely and finish up as (or after) the sun sets. :)

Playing "late" (spur of the moment) golf is about all we (2 of us) do on the Executive courses. You should be able to pick almost any course you like, even more so now as the golf days get longer. Generally, there is more availability in late afternoon to early evening in the north end courses (above 466). As you travel progressively further south, you'll have to wait till a little later in the day to find course tee times opening up.

Tip 1: Bright Yellow balls work best as sun goes down.
Tip 2: Avoid Pelican unless you're a low handicapper.

grayesun 04-24-2015 06:41 PM

Knowing Your Limitations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV (Post 1050717)
Polar,

Great question. Hubby and I are new here and don't play so well now and look forward to others answering your question!

Stick to Level 1 and 2 courses till your skills increase, you'll have much more fun and so will the folks behind you.

Level 1: Chula Vista, El Santiago, Turtle Mound
Level 2: Bogart, De La Vista, Hawkes Bay, Hilltop, Pimlico, Saddlebrook, Sandhill, Silver Lake.

All these courses should have pretty good "late in the day" availability, except possibly Bogart and Sandhill.

Hope that helps, have some fun.