Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Fishing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/fishing-480/)
-   -   The Villages Yacht Club (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/fishing-480/villages-yacht-club-155000/)

MARGEEZ 05-31-2015 01:14 PM

The Villages Yacht Club

We have found quite a few boat/yacht owners enjoying the Atlantic Coast (ICW) and we are sure there are several enjoying the Gulf Coast too. Is there enough interest to start 'The Villages Yacht Club'?

We have 3 couples from The Villages already with boats at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort). It is the best kept secret on the FL East Coast! The Harbormaster is very supportive of us starting a Yacht Club with a 'base of operation' at the Hammock Beach Resort's Yacht Harbor Marina.

If enough 'interest' we can also have monthly meetings in The Villages (share info, arrange cruises, etc).

This is the initial contact to see where this may lead!

allsport 05-31-2015 04:54 PM

We are one of the couples looking forward to finding those boaters interested in starting The Villages Yacht Club. We are looking for some creative forces who might come up with a cool logo for the group.

MARGEEZ 05-31-2015 06:31 PM

Logo!! Thinking of an Anchor! (see the 'T' and the 'V' in an anchor???)....

Villager Joyce 05-31-2015 06:48 PM

We left our yacht in Marina del Rey. Sorry we can't join you.

Wandatime 05-31-2015 08:13 PM

We were boaters and yacht club members for over thirty years but gave it up after cancer. Can we be in the club without a boat?

CFrance 05-31-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandatime (Post 1068111)
We were boaters and yacht club members for over thirty years but gave it up after cancer. Can we be in the club without a boat?

You should be able to. Why not? You can always crew on OPB.

l2ridehd 06-01-2015 04:54 AM

Also a sailor with most ASA certifications and some RYA courses. I usually just charter a couple times a year. But would be interested in a club. I keep looking at owning but can't seem to close the financial equation over the cost of chartering. Have a 44 foot Catamaran booked for 10 days next February in the BVI. Just returned from there from two weeks on a 47 foot monohull. Would be willing to crew once in a while if anyone needs someone.

i

MARGEEZ 06-01-2015 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1068068)
We left our yacht in Marina del Rey. Sorry we can't join you.

No matter where your yacht is located, we plan on holding meetings in TV to exchange info and plan trips. Gulf, Atlantic, NE Coast, Loopers, & Pacific...come one come all!

We have docked in SE IN (Ohio River-Lighthouse), Sanford (St John's River-Monroe Harbor Marina), Lambs Marina (Jacksonville, FL), Jacksonville South Marina, Coral Ridge Yacht Club (Ft Lauderdale, FL), Ft Pierce City Marina, Eau Gallie Yacht Club (NICE!!), Smyrna Yacht Club, Daytona Beach (Halifax Harbor Marina), & now Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort- THE best Marina yet!!).

MARGEEZ 06-01-2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1068256)
Also a sailor with most ASA certifications and some RYA courses. I usually just charter a couple times a year. But would be interested in a club. I keep looking at owning but can't seem to close the financial equation over the cost of chartering. Have a 44 foot Catamaran booked for 10 days next February in the BVI. Just returned from there from two weeks on a 47 foot monohull. Would be willing to crew once in a while if anyone needs someone.

i

The progression of 'Boaters'.... 'Sail, Power, RV, Assisted Living'.... ;)....

We (planners of this group) are in the 'Power' stage but WELCOME Sailors too!! Your knowledge and experience will be a valued addition (with crew potential!!).

MARGEEZ 06-01-2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1068144)
You should be able to. Why not? You can always crew on OPB.

Our 'plan' is to create a Club so as to exchange information and plan cruises (no matter where one keeps one's boat, there may be other Villager's in the area to share local info or plan a cruise).

There are many boat/yacht owners within The Villages and this is an attempt to let them become acquainted with each other. We may or may not form this club...it all depends on the response of boat/yacht owners within The Villages. NOTE: Those who have had boats/yachts in the past have MUCH to share! Those who plan on having a boat/yacht have much to gain!

Chatbrat 06-01-2015 05:30 AM

Lived on a 49' motor yacht for 6 years & did close to 30,000 miles, the Great Loop, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Bahamas, Key West, Texas, New Orleans, Lake Champlain ,Nashville---best time we every had.Commuted from Fl every spring to these destinations.

MARGEEZ 06-01-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1068262)
Lived on a 49' motor yacht for 6 years & did close to 30,000 miles, the Great Loop, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Bahamas, Key West, Texas, New Orleans, Lake Champlain ,Nashville---best time we every had.Commuted from Fl every spring to these destinations.

As with many of our boating/yachting friends, you have much to share!

MARGEEZ 06-01-2015 06:00 AM

If you are a boat/yacht owner and are interested in meeting with other boat/yacht owners (creating a club), please send me a private msg with your boat/yacht manufacturer/yr, boat/yacht name, dock/mooring location, & contact info.

If you were a boat/yacht owner and are interested in sharing info with an active group of boat/yacht owners, please send me a private msg with your past boat info.

We (our small group) would like to gather this info to see if there is 'enough' interest to get this potential group going.

MARGEEZ II
The Villages, FL
Sea Ray 420 AC
Currently docked at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort)
Past: MI inland lakes, Lake Brookville/IN, Ohio River/IN/OH, St Johns River/FL, ICW/E FL

tomwed 06-01-2015 11:50 AM

The closest I came to being a yachter [is that a word?] was going fishing with a friend on his Grady White at Barnegat Light on the Jersey shore. I would split the gas, food, beer, driving and help wipe the boat down when we returned.

I was a good helper and good company. I'd like to do that again, if that's in the cards.

HimandMe 06-01-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARGEEZ (Post 1067923)
We have found quite a few boat/yacht owners enjoying the Atlantic Coast (ICW) and we are sure there are several enjoying the Gulf Coast too. Is there enough interest to start 'The Villages Yacht Club'?

We have 3 couples from The Villages already with boats at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort). It is the best kept secret on the FL East Coast! The Harbormaster is very supportive of us starting a Yacht Club with a 'base of operation' at the Hammock Beach Resort's Yacht Harbor Marina.

If enough 'interest' we can also have monthly meetings in The Villages (share info, arrange cruises, etc).

This is the initial contact to see where this may lead!

Count us in! We sold our Carver unfortunately but willing to go ad crew! Love boating!