Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/)
-   -   Awesome young woman (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/awesome-young-woman-156134/)

sharonga 06-18-2015 11:27 AM

Awesome young woman

Met an amazing young woman at the doctor's office yesterday. I cannot get her out of my head so I am posting information for her. She is a caregiver as well a shopper, errand runner, computer savy and even a dog walker. The man she was attending to said wonderful things about her. I do not usually recommend people but the good vibes were there. Her name is Erica, can be reached at 347-216-0716.

Debree 06-18-2015 12:31 PM

I may be needing her. Thank you for posting.

Debree 06-18-2015 12:33 PM

I may be needing her soon. Thank you for posting.

fred53 06-20-2015 11:01 AM

So you are recommending her based on not using her...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonga (Post 1075903)
Met an amazing young woman at the doctor's office yesterday. I cannot get her out of my head so I am posting information for her. She is a caregiver as well a shopper, errand runner, computer savy and even a dog walker. The man she was attending to said wonderful things about her. I do not usually recommend people but the good vibes were there. Her name is Erica, can be reached at 347-216-0716.

but just talking to and hearing someones recommendation? Seems a bit irresponsible to me...a person should never, ever recommend someone without first hand experience. It is improper and should problems arise it is partly their responsibility. Very sad.

It is not good enough to be well intentioned, but knowing the truth of the matter is more important. More people have been harmed by well intentioned people than by just those standing by....

mikeandnancy1112 06-20-2015 12:35 PM

Alright, Guys! I don't usually post anything negative but some people are wrong in their thinking. Would you rather hire someone you don't know anything about, who may steal, lie, or just be damn crappy or hire someone whom you have had a glowing recommendation from the person who is being taken care of and HAS FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE?

I worked as a caregiver in Arkansas for an agency. The majority of the caregivers were excellent but there were several who were very irresponsible and mean. Clients repeatedly complained and caregivers complained but the agency would just take them off the schedule of that client who complained. It just so happened one day when my client who lived outside of the main facility, several miles a way, had a new caregiver for the day. I wasn't scheduled to be with him. I was with another one of of my clients in the facility The director from the office walked down to ask me if I might be able to leave early that I was needed by my other client. My client had told the girl to go home and to send for me. I was wrapping up my day but I agreed to go. When I saw my client I jokingly asked him, "What do you mean chasing that girl off? He just grinned and said, "I didn't like her!" So, my point is, recommendations from the client are the best way of getting excellent help.

onslowe 06-20-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1076711)
but just talking to and hearing someones recommendation? Seems a bit irresponsible to me...a person should never, ever recommend someone without first hand experience. It is improper and should problems arise it is partly their responsibility. Very sad.

It is not good enough to be well intentioned, but knowing the truth of the matter is more important. More people have been harmed by well intentioned people than by just those standing by....

Why do some feel it necessary to use someone's good intentions and good gesture as an opprtunity for target practice? It, I feel, will have a chilling effect on others who might wish to share some information.

I am sure most of us know the difference between 'a lead' as the OP gives us and a formal reference.

I am glad most people would not choose to 'just stand by' in this world of ours. Life, like love, is a bit of a risk.