Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Comcast scrambles free local channels SOB (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/comcast-scrambles-free-local-channels-sob-156462/)

Chellybean 06-23-2015 09:01 PM

Comcast scrambles free local channels SOB

well Comcast finally scrambled the local free channels by local broadcasters today, if you just had there internet and was using there cable for local channels you are sunk now..
Had to fire up the Antennas on my house, back to my 56 local channels.Comcast will not get anymore of my business they Su*k

Allegiance 06-23-2015 11:07 PM

They forgot to scramble the LAFF channel, perhaps to reiterate that they got the last laugh. Imagine paying an extra $40 a month to get the free channels.

rubicon 06-24-2015 04:06 AM

what would people suggest is the best balance between seamless telephone, internet TV coverage, availability and price?

Chellybean 06-24-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allegiance (Post 1078203)
They forgot to scramble the LAFF channel, perhaps to reiterate that they got the last laugh. Imagine paying an extra $40 a month to get the free channels.

l.o.l. my feeling exactly, put up a antenna it is totally legal in the villages under fcc federal laws preempts any deed restriction.

Allegiance 06-24-2015 07:46 AM

I ordered the Comcast internet only from Villages Audio Video. He is a great guy and gets the latest promotional pricing. For a few days I got all the free channels in great hd, then they went out, except for LAFF. Theses were the same FREE channels that Comcast charges big money for and requires you to use the digital adapter which reduces the signal to crap quality. The villages should put up a big a$$ antenna and send / sell the free hd channels though the existing cable structure. Comcast uses it monopoly of those cable lines to pillage its customers. I wish there was an antenna alternative, as the prehistoric area has no real antenna option. If the original village founders were here today I imagine we would all have the free channels in HD for free or near free.

Chellybean 06-24-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allegiance (Post 1078263)
I ordered the Comcast internet only from Villages Audio Video. He is a great guy and gets the latest promotional pricing. For a few days I got all the free channels in great hd, then they went out, except for LAFF. Theses were the same FREE channels that Comcast charges big money for and requires you to use the digital adapter which reduces the signal to crap quality. The villages should put up a big a$$ antenna and send / sell the free hd channels though the existing cable structure. Comcast uses it monopoly of those cable lines to pillage its customers. I wish there was an antenna alternative, as the prehistoric area has no real antenna option. If the original village founders were here today I imagine we would all have the free channels in HD for free or near free.

why isn't there a antenna alternative, point a antenna around 113 degrees toward Orlando or a omni directional and use a amplifier. lt is legal by federal law which preempts any deed restriction.

Allegiance 06-24-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1078376)
why isn't there a antenna alternative, point a antenna around 113 degrees toward Orlando or a omni directional and use a amplifier. lt is legal by federal law which preempts any deed restriction.

No attic would make it a big outdoor antenna and the trees may interfere as well. Might have to try it but will try internet options first, like xbmc through amaxon fire. Does anyone here have experience with xbmc or other alternatives?

UpNorth 06-24-2015 12:11 PM

The antenna market will certainly grow after this. Since so many satellite dishes are on roofs, why not antennas? Keep them low and towards the back of the house, and they should not be a visual problem. And, as a previous poster said, they are "legal" anyway.
As long as you can get the major over-the-air networks from Orlando for free, there is no reason to pay Comcast.

Bosoxfan 06-24-2015 07:06 PM

I'm confused.Why would paying to watch tv be a problem? I'm guessing that most people that don't want to pay for tv can afford it. Someone please enlighten me.

Bosoxfan 06-24-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video (Post 1078533)
Personally I think they look hideous. I WILL NOT install an antenna outdoors. I live in The Villages and I don't want to see them. I'm sure your neighbors feel the same way.

Please no outdoor antennas! I agree they look hideous!

njbchbum 06-24-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video (Post 1078533)
Why not? Personally I think they look hideous. I WILL NOT install an antenna outdoors. I live in The Villages and I don't want to see them.snipped

So you cannot/will not/do not install antennas in manufactured homes?

dirtbanker 06-25-2015 06:14 AM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bpT4QIh8HQ4/0.jpg

Now that does not look too bad...get your old lady some climbing boots and a hand held two way radio for fine tuning!
According to a poster on here "lt is legal by federal law which preempts any deed restriction".

But you still don't have internet, guess Comcast will still be in business even though there is free TV available via antenna...

villages07 06-25-2015 06:28 AM

Does anyone know if the Summerfield Comcast office has any HD DTA boxes in stock? I would like to replace the two I have and get a third, free for a year as they promised, for the one TV with no box that is now fully scrambled.

Chellybean 06-25-2015 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbanker (Post 1078613)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bpT4QIh8HQ4/0.jpg

Now that does not look too bad...get your old lady some climbing boots and a hand held two way radio for fine tuning!
According to a poster on here "lt is legal by federal law which preempts any deed restriction".

But you still don't have internet, guess Comcast will still be in business even though there is free TV available via antenna...

those are not FTA antenna but nice try.
a small omin direction antenna is smaller than a satellite dish and in my opinion not offensive.
It should be individual choice what they what to do about free channels and not Comcast and the villages that profits from it
that's why we have the constitution and bill of rights

mulligan 06-25-2015 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1078631)
those are not FTA antenna but nice try.
a small omin direction antenna is smaller than a satellite dish and in my opinion not offensive.
It should be individual choice what they what to do about free channels and not Comcast and the villages that profits from it
that's why we have the constitution and bill of rights

But if they are in business to facilitate your reception...........?