Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   disney has banned self-obsession sticks... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/disney-has-banned-self-obsession-sticks-156616/)

looneycat 06-26-2015 04:13 PM

disney has banned self-obsession sticks...

self-obsession sticks....thank you. no more self obsessed boobs walking into people because they love their own image....talk about the dissolution of civilization.

Villager Joyce 06-26-2015 04:18 PM

Please let huge backpacks be banned next. What the heck Is in those things? They feel like concrete blocks. Can't tell you how many times I have almost been knocked to the ground.

joldnol 06-26-2015 04:50 PM

Good, ban cell phones next

looneycat 06-26-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 1079327)
Good, ban cell phones next

but they will never ban cash or credit cards...they will give you a cute wristband to use insread f cash or cc, that way you don't even feel like it's real money...
:shocked:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-26-2015 08:32 PM

You might be happy about it but Disney is banning them because they want people to buy their pictures.

It wouldn't surprise me if someday cameras are banned.

Justus 06-26-2015 09:26 PM

We became disenchanted with Disney the time they refused to imprint the word "Veteran" on a tee shirt that was intended as a gift for a military dad from his child. Like some other businesses, they forgot the girl who took them to the party. IMHO

KayakerNC 06-27-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1079398)
You might be happy about it but Disney is banning them because they want people to buy their pictures.

Wow! It's a CONSPIRACY!!:22yikes:
Disney Theme Parks Officially Ban Selfie Sticks: Here's Why : LIFE : Tech Times

Villager Joyce 06-27-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 1079408)
We became disenchanted with Disney the time they refused to imprint the word "Veteran" on a tee shirt that was intended as a gift for a military dad from his child. Like some other businesses, they forgot the girl who took them to the party. IMHO

I would like to hear more of this story. Disney outwardly supports our military personnel. I have to believe there was a communication problem.

Villager Joyce 06-27-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Disney allows people to bring in their beverages and food. I don't think for a second selfie sticks were banned so people would buy Disney pictures. Can you imagine how many photographers would need to be hired and the resources to develop, etc? No. Selfie sticks is just one more distraction and the cause of one more collision.

Speaking of distractions, we were leaving our village yesterday when a woman on her phone crossed a major road without looking either direction. It wasn't at a circle or traffic light.

Justus 06-27-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1079472)
I would like to hear more of this story. Disney outwardly supports our military personnel. I have to believe there was a communication problem.

Here's a link to that story: Word "veteran" not allowed on Disney T-shirt | www.wftv.com

Miles42 06-27-2015 10:51 AM

I am glad they are banning them. If you need your picture taken some one would be glad to do it for you with your camera. I have been ask quite a few times to do it and gladly did so.

Villager Joyce 06-27-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 1079579)

That story was from September of 2013. What is the policy today? It isn't fair to bring up old news without updated information. Lots of things have changed in those two years.

looneycat 06-27-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

actually because they are a risk on rides and people weren't following requests to not bring them on rides.

Justus 06-27-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1079597)
That story was from September of 2013. What is the policy today? It isn't fair to bring up old news without updated information. Lots of things have changed in those two years.

It makes no difference to us, as that had been Disney's policy until they got caught. After this occurrence, that Disney said was a mistake, the veteran made a second attempt to buy the same product on-line and was refused again, for the same reason.

Many businesses are jumping on the "We support the Military" bandwagon as a PR ploy and not following through; Disney is only one of those. It's our personal choice to spend our money at establishments that support our own values. We have felt Disney hasn't for years.

Villager Joyce 06-27-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 1079621)
It makes no difference to us, as that had been Disney's policy until they got caught. After this occurrence, that Disney said was a mistake, the veteran made a second attempt to buy the same product on-line and was refused again, for the same reason.

Many businesses are jumping on the "We support the Military" bandwagon as a PR ploy and not following through; Disney is only one of those. It's our personal choice to spend our money at establishments that support our own values. We have felt Disney hasn't for years.

Freedom (to do as we want) is what it's all about.