Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Volusia Executive Course (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/volusia-executive-course-158018/)

fred53 07-17-2015 07:18 PM

Volusia Executive Course

Played today...greens are rolling quite smooth and fairly fast(perhaps and 8 on the stimp). Everything else is in fine shape...only high soft shots and shots with beau coup backspin hold well...

MikeV 07-17-2015 10:53 PM

Voles is one of my favorite courses.

ddharrold 08-01-2015 07:18 AM

Played 7/31 - for my first time - and the course was in very good shape. Could not believe the difference of the wind on those upper tier holes - WOW.

kcrazorbackfan 08-07-2015 07:58 PM

My wife played Volusia this morning, 8/7 (I was along for the ride, only 4 more months before I can play), and the course is really looking good. The greens were "wow fast" and running very smooth.

MikeV 08-29-2015 09:56 AM

The only problem is the wait on the Par 4. You have to wait until the group in front of you reaches the green before You can tee off. Creates a bottle neck.

fred53 08-29-2015 07:14 PM

The wait on no. 3(par 4)can be shortened by waiting till the group ahead of you tees off number 2.

MikeV 08-29-2015 10:19 PM

Tried waiting and still had two foursomes in front waiting.

Bogie Shooter 08-30-2015 11:42 AM

Played this am. Only a brief wait. Has more to do with the skill level of the players, than anything else.

Darlene Lansing 10-21-2015 07:09 AM

Stinky golf course

VOLUSIA STENCH / We have been given a lot of explanations about the smell that permeates the whole area on the golf course and the VILLAGE OF CHARLOTTE ! Beyond the smell our eyes were burning and the smell is nauseating !!! Can't something be done ????????? WHATEVER IT IS CAUSED FROM !!!!! I don't think it is healthy or financially supportive of our property value . Thanks for letting me spout off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxing2:

DonH57 10-21-2015 09:45 AM

My group played at Volusia last tuesday. Beautiful course and a fantastic view from the second tee box. We didn't notice any stench, well, except for my game that day.

RickeyD 10-21-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene Lansing (Post 1132848)
VOLUSIA STENCH / We have been given a lot of explanations about the smell that permeates the whole area on the golf course and the VILLAGE OF CHARLOTTE ! Beyond the smell our eyes were burning and the smell is nauseating !!! Can't something be done ????????? WHATEVER IT IS CAUSED FROM !!!!! I don't think it is healthy or financially supportive of our property value . Thanks for letting me spout off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxing2:

Call the Florida DEP and complain. What you are smelling is hazardous to your health.

fred53 10-22-2015 09:17 PM

Or perhaps...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1132978)
Call the Florida DEP and complain. What you are smelling is hazardous to your health.

not. Make the call, but don't sound as fanatical as this person. It's likely what's underneath the ground at that waste site...no idea if it's hazardous to your health or not...no idea why this person KNOWS it is either...lets hope they're wrong...

rubicon 10-23-2015 04:54 AM

Walked Volusia Wednesday and found it to be in good shape and the greens really doing well. In fact found the greens at Belmont Monday and the green as Oakleigh on Tuesday to be in good shape

RickeyD 10-23-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1133864)
not. Make the call, but don't sound as fanatical as this person. It's likely what's underneath the ground at that waste site...no idea if it's hazardous to your health or not...no idea why this person KNOWS it is either...lets hope they're wrong...

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/hydrogen_sulfide.html

buzzy 10-23-2015 07:04 PM

Today, we smelled it on the entire hole 1 and hole 2, plus hole 3 tee box. Then not again until we were back on holes 8 and 9, just down the hill from 1 and 2. It must be coming from just over the wooded hill, with the "no trespassing" signs on the fence.