Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Fishing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/fishing-480/)
-   -   Professional Angler Harassed By Property Owner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/fishing-480/professional-angler-harassed-property-owner-159572/)

F16 1UB 08-12-2015 01:28 PM

Professional Angler Harassed By Property Owner

Aug 2, 2015 Bassmaster Elite angler Mark Menendez was fishing in Waddington NY on the St Lawrence River competing for $100,000 1st place prize when a property owner told Menendez not to fish around his dock. Menendez told the man he wasn't bothering anything and it's public water. The man allegedly jumps in his own boat and proceeds to do circles around Menendez. The whole thing was documented by an official observer in Menendez's boat, known as a marshal, with a camera. There are laws in NY to protect anglers against such practice. Menendez has filed a complaint with NY officials and charges are pending against the property owner. STAY TUNED......

red tail 08-12-2015 01:39 PM

who cares what goes on in new York!

philnpat 08-12-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red tail (Post 1099119)

Well...I for one do.

F16 1UB 08-12-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Obviously you don't care what goes on in new York....but ALL anglers should because this is happening all too often throughout the country.

manaboutown 08-12-2015 02:29 PM

This happened to me when I used to fish for Northerns in The Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrance back in the 1970's. Might it be the same guy?

fred53 08-12-2015 04:02 PM

Strange behavior, but not unprecedented....with all the progressive movements those who should stay inside now feel the right to complain about everything and anything...even if they shouldn't(meaning the home owner of course)

Topspinmo 08-12-2015 09:35 PM

Why can't he jump in his boat and do donuts where ever he wants?:icon_wink: As poor pro said its public waters?:popcorn:

JoMar 08-13-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1099263)
Why can't he jump in his boat and do donuts where ever he wants?:icon_wink: As poor pro said its public waters?:popcorn:

Because it goes to intent. Using your logic road rage shouldn't be prosecuted because the roads are public.

Jima64 08-13-2015 01:57 PM

Guess the homeowner could have just stayed on his dock and started hitting the pilings to create a disturbance, or maybe toss things like rocks in the water.

F16 1UB 10-09-2015 09:32 AM

Homeowner Pleads Guilty

William Bishop, of Rochester, N.Y., plead guilty in Hammond NY Town Court to harassment charges & paid $175 fine for harassing Elite Series angler Mark Menendez during a St. Lawrence River Elite Series Bass Tournament. Menendez said he was pleased with the outcome.

Villager Joyce 10-09-2015 10:06 AM

Shortly after moving to TV and joining TOTV, I posted about an accident on 44 with road closure. A number of fellow TOTV posters let me know that they didn't care and what did that have to do with TV. Whatever.

tomwed 10-09-2015 10:18 AM

Hey OP,
I think anybody can choose to talk about anything within the bounds of good taste. I hope no one doesn't hesitate for one moment to start up a conversation that interests them.

The other day I asked if anyone else enjoyed the series Portlandia. Honest to Goodness I could hear crickets coming out of my laptop speakers. That's the way it goes.

justjim 10-09-2015 10:22 AM

There are some lakes where they do have rules about fishing within so many feet of a resident's boat dock. The reason is to protect his property (Boat, etc.) while parked at his dock. I am not condoning this behavior and I am talking about Lakes owned by Electric Utilities and Private Lakes that may be open to the public and where there may be Tournments. No idea what the rules were in this case........

graciegirl 10-09-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1126523)
Hey OP,
I think anybody can choose to talk about anything within the bounds of good taste. I hope no one doesn't hesitate for one moment to start up a conversation that interests them.

The other day I asked if anyone else enjoyed the series Portlandia. Honest to Goodness I could hear crickets coming out of my laptop speakers. That's the way it goes.

I have never baited a hook.

I do know this OP as an avid fisherman and a lover of DOGS.... HE ADORES large beautiful dogs who are like people. AND he is from the greater Cincinnati area too and his wife is beautiful and they were very active in Relay for Life before it was removed from the premises Steve also leads water aerobics classes.

I like F16 and his whole family. Yes I do.

Callaway Guy 10-09-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Seen how many New Yorkers there are in TV?