Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Expert about The Villages Florida Real Estate (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/)
-   -   land-lease (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/land-lease-159635/)

Blanco 08-13-2015 03:45 PM

land-lease

Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

graciegirl 08-13-2015 03:57 PM

No land lease in The Villages.

dbussone 08-13-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanco (Post 1099497)
Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Your understanding of the concept may be correct, but it is not a practice inTV. I have owned a home under that circumstance in another state. I own my house and the land it is on here in TV.

dbussone 08-13-2015 04:07 PM

It is not done here.

summerhill 08-13-2015 04:08 PM

You buy here, you own the land and the bond...

coach 08-13-2015 04:30 PM

No , you own the land in TV. No land lease arrangements here. Some developments in the area offer that type of ownership.

villager 08-13-2015 05:18 PM

No, the homes are not on leasehold land. When you purchase a property in The Villages, the land the home sits on is conveyed to the purchaser (in other words, you own it).

Rickg 08-13-2015 07:46 PM

I have a deed to my land in the Villages

Challenger 08-13-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

No! residential properties in TV are "in fee" The land may be subject to a lein related to bond issues that funded infrastructure , but that is an entirely different matter and there are several threads on this forum which explain the "Bond"

RickeyD 08-14-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Not true. My deed states I own the land.

Abby10 08-14-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Other states do this too, but to answer your question, no, The Villages is not a land lease community.

dadspet 08-14-2015 11:52 AM

no you own the home and the land