Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Items For Sale In The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/items-sale-villages-florida-407/)
-   -   Mandatory Classified Pictures (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/items-sale-villages-florida-407/mandatory-classified-pictures-159719/)

TOTV Team 08-15-2015 10:21 AM

Mandatory Classified Pictures

We need your input! Should TOTV make it mandatory to put a picture in the classifieds in order for the item to go live? Please vote in our poll.

JGVillages 08-15-2015 01:41 PM

yes

jimbo2012 08-15-2015 04:07 PM

vote app doesn't work!!!

But yes, it is a waste of time looking w/o a pic

redwitch 08-15-2015 05:45 PM

Tried to vote but no luck. While a picture makes things easier, not everyone can post a picture. Not always that easy.

njbchbum 08-15-2015 06:25 PM

Should TOTV decide to make posting a picture of the item for sale a new rule/regulation - what assistance does TOTV intend to offer those who do not have what is necessary to post a picture?

shazam 09-03-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 1100053)
We need your input! Should TOTV make it mandatory to put a picture in the classifieds in order for the item to go live? Please vote in our poll.

While I agree that a picture makes it easier for a prospective purchaser, it appears that despite the video tutorial, there are some who still can't upload a picture. Besides, anyone posting without a pic is just diminishing their prospects of a sale. What I feel SHOULD be mandatory is the price!

zcaveman 09-03-2015 04:00 PM

I am not sure every item for sale needs a picture. What about tickets to a show or a trip or things like that? Making a picture mandatory for some things will bring up some weird results.

Z

waltwl 09-06-2015 10:10 AM

pictures

Pictures will not down load. That's why your not seeing pictures with the ad's

Naomitwo 09-06-2015 03:05 PM

Yes, the ones without pictures just take up space!!

PaulDenise 09-10-2015 08:19 PM

Folks do not have to look at ads without pictures if they don't want to look.

Alot of older people have trouble with the upload technology.

maybe 09-17-2015 02:10 PM

Photos are a nice feature, but not necessary. Newspaper classifieds worked well for many years without photos.

LuckySevens 09-27-2015 01:08 PM

classifieds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 1100053)

I think it is almost silly to NOT post a picture. The odds of selling something to someone that they cannot see online first is very low.

Actually I think you should also have a vote on people HAVING to put a price and a contact with each listing. (they do not respond to that 'send the seller a message' thing). Twice this week I have responding to people asking them to contact me and I listed my phone and email (they had no phone or email listed with their posting) as I was interested in their items..........and neither one bothered to contact me. They are trying to sell something, for gosh sakes...........why are they SO afraid to list a phone or email. The least they can do is respond and let you know if the item has sold.

pprentice 10-26-2015 12:53 PM

Mandatory Pictures in ads

Itreally depends on what is being sold. It should be obvious which items require apicture and which don't.

Fraugoofy 10-26-2015 01:52 PM

Yes but your mobile app doesn't allow people to upload photos.

TOTV Team 10-26-2015 01:55 PM

We don't have a mobile app.