Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Colonoscopy Time Again...HOORAY! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/colonoscopy-time-again-hooray-161352/)

dloridami 09-02-2015 06:36 PM

Colonoscopy Time Again...HOORAY!

In October I am due for another wonderful excursion into my lower body by some gastroenterologist who delights in such things. Previously, since we lived "up north" I had a wonderful doctor do them. However, I have heard numerous horror stories about the doctors around here. Can anyone recommend (seriously) a really good and knowledgeable doctor and/or clinic for this near or in The Villages?

Eastwind53 09-02-2015 06:41 PM

I am also due this October. I had no problem with Gastroenterology Associates.

Carla B 09-02-2015 07:17 PM

Second Gastroenterology Associates. We see Dr. Truesdale but I imagine any doctor in that practice is good. The procedure is done at Lake Endoscopy and they are very efficient.

Callaway Guy 09-02-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 1108113)
Second Gastroenterology Associates. We see Dr. Truesdale but I imagine any doctor in that practice is good. The procedure is done at Lake Endoscopy and they are very efficient.

Ditto on this. I was supposed to have that procedure this week but had to have an unplanned surgery last week on my left hand and was "put under" so I didn't want to go thru that again a week later; rescheduled for next month.

hulahips 09-02-2015 08:10 PM

Dr truesdale

obxgal 09-02-2015 08:39 PM

Gastroenterology Associates Dr. Trinetra V. Vaidya office phone # 352.751.4885

Here is their main website Gastroenterology Associates - Lady Lake, FL, (Florida)

Info on doctors and insurance co they accept

Bonny 09-02-2015 09:00 PM

Dr. Gabriel

Phanatic Luvr 09-02-2015 09:01 PM

Gastroenterology Associates - Dr. Thomas Matthew. Good guy!

fred53 09-02-2015 09:21 PM

Yup...another for Dr. Truesdale...

rubicon 09-03-2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 1108113)

Agree

golfing eagles 09-03-2015 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dloridami (Post 1108083)
In October I am due for another wonderful excursion into my lower body by some gastroenterologist who delights in such things. Previously, since we lived "up north" I had a wonderful doctor do them. However, I have heard numerous horror stories about the doctors around here. Can anyone recommend (seriously) a really good and knowledgeable doctor and/or clinic for this near or in The Villages?

Sounds like it is time to live the dream LOL. It could be worse, as the recent NY Post headline read regarding the subway spokesperson: "Jarod---enjoy your foot-long in jail"
Seriously, everyone should get their colonoscopy on schedule, we could avoid about 90+% of all advanced colon cancer. The procedure is short and easy, the prep can be annoying, but that's only for a few hours--a lot better than 4 days of an intestinal flu and certainly better than stage 4 colon cancer

dewilson58 09-03-2015 07:49 AM

Glad to see positive posts about doctors around here. Seems like most posts are negative.

2BNTV 09-03-2015 07:52 AM

Another vote for Dr Nemhe Gabriel.

jnieman 09-03-2015 09:00 AM

Dr. Padman

Shimpy 09-03-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dloridami (Post 1108083)
Previously, since we lived "up north" I had a wonderful doctor do them. However, I have heard numerous horror stories about the doctors around here.

Funny, that wonderful doctor "up north" may have graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine who has a top reputation for teaching and research, or he could be a graduate from the University of Florida who also has a high reputation. Being north of the Mason Dixon line doesn't make all doctors better.