Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/)
-   -   Ann Coulter coming to the Villages' Barnes & Noble for a book signing. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/ann-coulter-coming-villages-barnes-noble-book-signing-161443/)

Taltarzac725 09-03-2015 03:56 PM

Ann Coulter coming to the Villages' Barnes & Noble for a book signing.

I hope this does not get political but Ann Coulter will be signing her new book in the Villages.

Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole

Ann Coulter
Author Event (Current Affairs)

Barnes & Noble
Saturday September 26, 2015 2:00 PM

Bogie Shooter 09-03-2015 05:58 PM

Is she somebody special?

manaboutown 09-03-2015 06:09 PM

I love Ann! I wish I could be there to get another of her books signed by her!

scottiee 09-03-2015 06:17 PM

You love her or hate her there is NO middle ground

justjim 09-03-2015 06:53 PM

Attractive, outspoken, sometimes controversial woman is special at making a lot of money. I don't have a problem with that---she makes the best of the opportunities that come her way. You don't have to agree with her on everything to admire her success.

tedquick 09-03-2015 07:31 PM

She is a true talent. While some consider her an extremist I'm more inclined to think of her as a realist. She is a remarkable woman and I would think that even if we were on opposite sides politically.

Chi-Town 09-03-2015 08:24 PM

I like it when she and Bill Maher are on tv together. You would think it would be a slug fest, but they have more fun together than you could imagine. Both are entertainers who know their audiences.

tomwed 09-03-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1108460)
Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole

Gee, I wonder what the book's about? Whatever happened to titles like Moby Dick, Gone With the Wind and A Tale of Two Cities? Oh, that's right, those are works of fiction.

Cedwards38 09-03-2015 09:59 PM

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."
Ann Coulter

"Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay." -Ann Coulter on American fans of World Cup soccer

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian
Ann Coulter

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"
Ann Coulter

"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"
Ann Coulter

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient." -- Coulter’s column, 10/29/99

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism." -- Ann Coulter on MSNBC 2/8/97

(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war." -- MSNBC

Please don't kill the messenger! She probably meant some of these as a joke, but I'm not sure any are funny. I could also find despicable quotes from liberals also, but here we are talking about Ann Coulter.

graciegirl 09-04-2015 07:17 AM

Much prefer to have her here than say...a Kardashian.

MikeV 09-04-2015 07:41 AM

I love her books. I will be there.

tomwed 09-04-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1108554)
Attractive, outspoken, sometimes controversial woman is special at making a lot of money. I don't have a problem with that---she makes the best of the opportunities that come her way. You don't have to agree with her on everything to admire her success.

I don't think I spent a dime that put money in Kim Kardashian's pocket but I have to agree with you.

Bonnevie 09-04-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedwards38 (Post 1108629)
"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."
Ann Coulter

"Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay." -Ann Coulter on American fans of World Cup soccer

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian
Ann Coulter

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"
Ann Coulter

"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"
Ann Coulter

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient." -- Coulter’s column, 10/29/99

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism." -- Ann Coulter on MSNBC 2/8/97

(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war." -- MSNBC

Please don't kill the messenger! She probably meant some of these as a joke, but I'm not sure any are funny. I could also find despicable quotes from liberals also, but here we are talking about Ann Coulter.

I am in the camp of disliking her terribly. But I dislike anyone who makes inflammatory remarks that appeal to a certain population because it guarantees they make money. The comment about both her and Bill Maher being entertainers making a buck was right on.

Taltarzac725 09-04-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 1108828)
I am in the camp of disliking her terribly. But I dislike anyone who makes inflammatory remarks that appeal to a certain population because it guarantees they make money. The comment about both her and Bill Maher being entertainers making a buck was right on.

They do seem to fit in with the shock jock kind of material. It is just books now and television shows and/or appearances. I do read both of them on occasion but would not buy either of these author's books. I do like Jon Stewart and the entertainers who came out of The Daily Show. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert

jgm3279 09-04-2015 01:06 PM

Agreed graciegirl! =)