Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Home Inspections/Public Adjusters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/home-inspections-public-adjusters-245/)
-   -   Independent Home Inspector Wanted (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/home-inspections-public-adjusters-245/independent-home-inspector-wanted-164638/)

mhagen01 09-29-2015 01:24 PM

Independent Home Inspector Wanted

Looking for independent home inspector to inspect home in The Villages prior to my 1 year warranty period expires. Warranty period is up in April 2016. Need references. Thanks

golfing eagles 09-29-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhagen01 (Post 1121657)
Looking for independent home inspector to inspect home in The Villages prior to my 1 year warranty period expires. Warranty period is up in April 2016. Need references. Thanks

Frank D'angelo----D'angelo Inspections. 352-250-7818. Very thorough, reasonable rate. Our report was 71 pages long, with photos. He then submits his report to home warranty. I think a long list of similar endorsements will follow this one

jimbo2012 09-29-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1121662)
Frank D'angelo----D'angelo Inspections. 352-250-7818. Very thorough, reasonable rate. Our report was 71 pages long, with photos. He then submits his report to home warranty. I think a long list of similar endorsements will follow this one

Yes he's the goto guy

villagetinker 09-29-2015 02:39 PM

Another vote for Frank, he is very good.

MSGirl 09-29-2015 03:54 PM

Frank D'Angelo. Better call Early. He fills up fast. If he can't do it, he will recommend another inspector

kas52 09-29-2015 05:49 PM

Walter Asbach
A & A Property & Home Inspection Service, LLC
755 Cordelia Pl
The Villages, FL 32162
352-391-5800
wasbach@centurylink.net

Did a great job at a very reasonable price and we recommended him to several of our neighbors that had warranties expiring shortly after our deadline.

The most amazing part of the experience was the flow of the service contractors who came to fix the items noted in the report. Everything happened in sequence, every person who came through our doors, not only took care of the items that appeared on the inspector's report, they also look for other items in their category or expertise. Each and everyone was good at their job AND polite AND friendly. In our case, every repair was cosmetic, not functional. But the level of customer service is just another aspect of the brilliant business model for TV.

JoMar 09-29-2015 08:18 PM

Another vote for Frank....he will suggest that the inspection take place not much more than a week before the one year closing anniversary.

Phanatic Luvr 09-29-2015 09:39 PM

Frank's your man!!!!!! Book your inspection early, as he books out by about 4 months.

DangeloInspections 09-30-2015 05:03 AM

Thank you all for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.

While The Villages warranty department will accept my report right up to the one year date of closing, I usually recommend doing the inspection anywhere from a week to a month or so before your date is up. That gives optimum time for issues to show up, while still leaving enough time of a particular issue became problematic. Usually The Villages has all repairs they will do completed within two weeks after the inspection.

I am currently booked about 4-6 weeks in advance. I apologize for this, but I believe because a good inspection should take between 2.5 to 4 hours at your home, I only do two a day. I always want to be there to answer questions, etc. A good inspector should never be in a rush. He should concentrate on YOUR home, not getting to the next one.

There are some inspectors out there, while perhaps a bit cheaper, are known for "quicky" inspections.....48 minute inspections are not unheard of. Questions to ask are, Do they walk all over the roof and attic, (some never leave the ground). Do they use expensive moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras, etc? Are they ASHI certified? Do they know the difference between a warranty inspection and a "new buyer" inspection?

Anyway, please forgive my long post. I really just wanted to say thank you...

Respectfully, Frank D.