Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Sarasota Executive Course (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/sarasota-executive-course-165459/)

fred53 10-05-2015 08:38 PM

Sarasota Executive Course

Because golf course conditions can change pretty rapidly, from time-to-time I'll be removing/deleting older posts in hopes this helps ensure TOTV users of this forum are seeing "Current Course Conditions."

ddharrold 06-25-2016 07:05 AM

Played this course on June 24, 2016. It's OK. According to the 2016 Green Aerification Schedule Sarasota was aerated on June 5th but the greens still have a lot of sand on them -perhaps from a followup top-dressing. The greens were really soft so many of my shots made significant ball marks. FYI: While repairing these marks I noted there is very little root growth and the soil is black and mucky.

graciegirl 06-25-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1124997)
Because golf course conditions can change pretty rapidly, from time-to-time I'll be removing/deleting older posts in hopes this helps ensure TOTV users of this forum are seeing "Current Course Conditions."

Are you and DH Harrold the same person???? I see YOUR post was edited by DHHarrold. Just trying to understand.

YES, I'm DDHARROLD (Dave Harrold) and the moderator of this entire forum. I have permission from TOTV staff to keep this forum's content fresh and on-topic.

dbussone 06-25-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1124997)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kcrazorbackfan 06-25-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddharrold (Post 1245473)
Played this course on June 24, 2016. It's OK. According to the 2016 Green Aerification Schedule Sarasota was aerated on June 5th but the greens still have a lot of sand on them -perhaps from a followup top-dressing. The greens were really soft so many of my shots made significant ball marks. FYI: While repairing these marks I noted there is very little root growth and the soil is black and mucky.

I've noticed that type of soil also in repairing ball marks on some of the courses; seems to me that will lead to a grass killing fungus. And then on some courses, the soil seems normal but there appears to be minimal root growth. Mother Nature needs to open the heavens up to a good soaking rain. I worry that some of the chemicals in the "reclaimed" irrigation water isn't doing our lawns, fairways and greens any favor.

ddharrold 08-20-2016 01:51 PM

Our group played here Aug. 19th and found the course to be in pretty good shape. The greens look good but most are rather bumpy.

golfing eagles 08-20-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddharrold (Post 1275267)
Our group played here Aug. 19th and found the course to be in pretty good shape. The greens look good but most are rather bumpy.

Do they ever roll the greens?

dbussone 08-20-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1275285)
Do they ever roll the greens?

I have seldom seen it done on the exec courses. The greens on Escambia were also bumpy today.