Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Blinds & Shutters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/blinds-shutters-263/)
-   -   Plantation shutters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/blinds-shutters-263/plantation-shutters-170234/)

Erijo 11-09-2015 09:28 PM

Plantation shutters

Hi everyone. I am interested in getting plantation shutters for my windows. I welcome all recommendations for contractors who make and install them. Also, I would appreciate pros and cons on shutters from residents who have them as their window treatments. Thank you in advance. KB:pepper2:

dbussone 11-09-2015 09:51 PM

We have plantation shutters on every window in our home. Very pleased and they are now 3.5 years old. They are a vinyl covered aluminum so they will not rot or warp. Easy to clean with water. Bought them from 48 hour blinds. Very happy, wonderful service.

lake5798 11-09-2015 10:00 PM

Check out Blinds for less, Village residents, and in my opinion a nicer product than what 48 hour sells. I have had both and would only use Blinds for less from here on out. FWIW

folkh 11-09-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1143214)
We have plantation shutters on every window in our home. Very pleased and they are now 3.5 years old. They are a vinyl covered aluminum so they will not rot or warp. Easy to clean with water. Bought them from 48 hour blinds. Very happy, wonderful service.

I second that. 48 Hour Blind just did mine very happy with quality, installation and service.

msfooter 11-10-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lake5798 (Post 1143216)
Check out Blinds for less, Village residents, and in my opinion a nicer product than what 48 hour sells. I have had both and would only use Blinds for less from here on out. FWIW

I have a couple of neighbors that used Blinds 4 Less and they were not happy. They said Brenda was very nice to work with but the husband was difficult The install did not go well and several of the frames had to be reordered.

Villageswimmer 11-10-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folkh (Post 1143221)
I second that. 48 Hour Blind just did mine very happy with quality, installation and service.

I'll third that! And they're made in the US--Florida. We love ours and just ordered one for the sliding door to replace a vertical blind. They are very well made and installation was professional with no dust left behind. You can find cheaper ones, but 48 Hr is the best IMO.

JoMar 11-10-2015 05:47 PM

We used Joys Blinds and mixed Plantations with other types of blinds depending on the room look we wanted. Very satisfied but, like almost all companies, they don't manufacture or design the products they sell and install.