Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   College Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/college-football-329/)
-   -   Spartans Win! Beat Ohio State! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/college-football-329/spartans-win-beat-ohio-state-172074/)

jnieman 11-21-2015 06:49 PM

Spartans Win! Beat Ohio State!

Great game!! Great ending!

graciegirl 11-21-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1148986)
Great game!! Great ending!

Your team outplayed us, jnieman. I am going to kick the dog. Wait. We don't have a dog. And I like dogs.

jnieman 11-21-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1149001)
Your team outplayed us, jnieman. I am going to kick the dog. Wait. We don't have a dog. And I like dogs.

I'm really not a football fan but love both Michigan and Michigan State. Hubby and I were both born and raised in Michigan. We were transplanted to Ohio for 20 years for his job but were never converted. I went to high school just about 10 miles from Lansing where the Spartans are from. Our high school fight song was the same as MSU's. I love Michigan Wolverines because after marriage I lived in Ann Arbor for several years and several of my nephews and other relatives graduated from there. Our son is a huge Ohio State fan. He was born and raised in Ohio but now lives in Florida but still loves Ohio State.

justjim 11-21-2015 08:05 PM

Good game. Big ten football doesn't get much better! When Ohio State barely beat Illinois , I had a hunch this might happen.

2BNTV 11-22-2015 10:27 AM

OMG - Gracie's beloved Buckeyes got beat!!!

I watched the game and thought Mich State beat them, as they played a better game.

Looking forward to the changed rankings. They come out Tuesday night. I wonder if ND is still going to be in the top 4 as they barely squeaked by BC. Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...........

Shimpy 11-22-2015 04:57 PM

The buckeyes built a rep. on playing an easy schedule and now play a top ten ranked team and get defeated. They got a good chance of losing the next 2 games because they are also ranked teams and not the usual pushovers they are used to.

Polar Bear 11-22-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 1149540)
The buckeyes built a rep. on playing an easy schedule...

Yeah, right. That's how National Champions always do it.

Jima64 11-22-2015 07:19 PM

I didn't have a favorite team but new they would have a great game to watch. More of a football fan, not team driven.

Shimpy 11-22-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1149557)
Yeah, right. That's how National Champions always do it.

No they don't, they beat the best teams all year long. They don't have a schedule with games that everyone knows they will win. Sure all teams schedule easy win teams for non conference but Ohio State has way too many. Their non conference schedule is well known for how soft it is. How about putting a couple SEC teams on the schedule?

Polar Bear 11-22-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 1149608)
No they don't, they beat the best teams all year long...

Couldn't agree more.

Let's see who was it last year?!? Oh yeah...I'm sure you remember.

CFrance 11-22-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1149001)

And I can't lend you my Michigan dog, either!

burky 11-23-2015 07:47 AM

Being a U/M grad and having lived in Ann Arbor for over 60 years until moving to TV, I was rooting for Ohio State for the first time in my life (even though I was born and raised in Toledo).

Guess all my rootin' didn't help though. Now if Penn State will just beat MSU, and we can win against Ohio then holy cow, what a season! Just thinkin' [:-)}

Auburn13 11-23-2015 10:32 AM

Perfect Season?

Spartans are ONE bad judgement call away from a perfect season.