Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Ministerial Groups (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/ministerial-groups-178254/)

HimandMe 01-13-2016 06:31 PM

Deleted

Message has been deleted

Villager Joyce 01-13-2016 06:57 PM

I'm not familiar with the term so I googled it. There were a number of hits.

Boomer 01-13-2016 07:11 PM

The United Church of Christ might be a place to start. The location for the local UCC is on CR 101, just outside The Villages.

This Protestant denomination is known to be open-minded and welcoming. I am linking you to their website in The Villages. I hope this information can help you to find the connection you are looking for.

United Church of Christ at The villages - Home

Barefoot 01-13-2016 07:27 PM

Unity of the Villages |

striveforhealth 01-14-2016 07:11 AM

There is a Tri-County Interfaith alliance - the UCC mentioned above is part of it, along with the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and the Temple.

villager 01-14-2016 01:34 PM

I second Unity of The Villages!

graciegirl 01-14-2016 03:24 PM

I am still struggling with understanding what an open minded ministerial group is or does or differs from say....St. Timothy's or Fairway or the nice Presbyterian Church where all the musical events are held.

gap2415 01-14-2016 04:07 PM

Thanks for your replies. It's a group of interfaith clergy that meet for ecumenical discussion.

Carl in Tampa 01-14-2016 05:23 PM

Euphemisms

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap2415 (Post 1171628)
Thanks for your replies. It's a group of interfaith clergy that meet for ecumenical discussion.

I think you should have been more explicit in your original post. I, and others I am sure, thought you were looking for a gay-friendly church. There are several in the area.

Boomer 01-14-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap2415 (Post 1171628)

(That sound you hear is me smacking myself on my own forehead.) Back where I come from it was called a ministerial association. I don't know why I thought the OP meant a church.

I know a tiny bit about a lot of denominations. They sure can vary. A spectrum. I guess they don't call 'em Protestants for nuthin'........

I could go on and on about the variation in denominations. But that is Garrison Keillor's job.

Anyway, in my previous post, I was off and running on the "open-minded" part. But I bet contacting any of the groups recommended in this thread will help you find such a ministerial group if there is one here.

Ecumenical Boomer