Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Printer problem (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/printer-problem-179052/)

Sanibel 01-19-2016 03:15 PM

Printer problem

I have an HP Photosmart 7510 printer. Everything was fine the day before yesterday. Yesterday I can't get it to print anything other than HP test picture and the clean head report. Ink alignment failed. I just put all new ink cartridges in about 2 weeks ago and printer shows plenty of ink. Installed new ink cartridges today with the same results. Does anyone know what could be wrong? TY

villagetinker 01-19-2016 04:22 PM

Use the search term "hp photoshop 7510 printer will not print" in Goggle there were lots for results, hope this helps.

Sanibel 01-19-2016 06:25 PM

Already tried everything they have suggested. Thanks anyways.

Mikeod 01-19-2016 06:51 PM

Did they have you try deleting the printer from your computer and reinstalling the software? I had to do that to get mine working. Every time I tried to print, it said the printer was offline.

tomwed 01-19-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeod (Post 1174588)
Did they have you try deleting the printer from your computer and reinstalling the software? I had to do that to get mine working. Every time I tried to print, it said the printer was offline.

that's good advice

KayakerNC 01-19-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanibel (Post 1174483)
I have an HP Photosmart 7510 printer. Everything was fine the day before yesterday. Yesterday I can't get it to print anything other than HP test picture and the clean head report. Ink alignment failed. I just put all new ink cartridges in about 2 weeks ago and printer shows plenty of ink. Installed new ink cartridges today with the same results. Does anyone know what could be wrong? TY

Are you getting any kind of error message?
Are you printing wireless?
Is the printer no longer listed as the default printer?

villagetinker 01-19-2016 08:07 PM

If wireless, reset your modem, and then reinstall the printer if necessary (check WPS on the printer).

villagetinker 01-19-2016 08:09 PM

Also, if there is a hard reset, or a factory reset on the printer, try that also.

One more thing, you mentioned new printer ink cartridges, were these original HP cartridges? HP appears to be playing hard ball with non HP printer inks.

JMEZARIC3 01-20-2016 09:29 PM

Printer

[QUOTE=Sanibel;1174483]I have an HP Photosmart 7510 printer. Everything was fine the day before yesterday. Yesterday I can't get it to print anything other than HP test picture and the clean head report. Ink alignment failed. I just put all new ink cartridges in about 2 weeks ago and printer shows plenty of ink. Installed new ink cartridges today with the same results. Does anyone know what could be wrong? TY[/QUOTE

Unplug the printer and hold down the power button for 20 seconds.Plug the printer in and power up.This is the first solution for any electronic problem for any computer,printer,TV etc.
Don't know why it works but it does fix many issues.

tomwed 01-20-2016 09:38 PM

How's your mouse?

Nucky 01-20-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1175169)
How's your mouse?

Eating Lobster! Sorry! If you can't find the printer installation disc the go on the internet and be sure you can download the driver for your model printer. Then back to the computer uninstall the printer then back to the internet and download the driver. 99% if will fix whats ailing your printer. Good Luck.