Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Face to Face! Please read!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/face-face-please-read-17969/)

Guest 10-27-2008 09:22 AM

Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Here is the golden rule.

When posting here,or anywhere else on this forum, use exactly the same words and phrases you would use if you were face to face with the person to whom you are responding.

Anybody who uses contorted spellings of members screen names or makes statements that are inflammatory simply because they are hiding behind a keyboard, in my estimation, is a coward. That kind of activity was not okay in high school, and it's not okay here.

This also applies to private messages.

The administrators are real tired of receiving emails and messages about what members are calling each other and what one said about another. If you can't be civil here, please leave.

Guest 11-04-2008 04:46 PM

Good bye, Hope you have a happy life

I guess it's about time for me to leave. I posted a reply and it apparently was pulled. It seems to be alright if someone slams and seems to delight in adding jabs at every discussion but heaven forbid if a junior makes a statement it is pulled. Thanks but I guess if the number two poster can get away with this kind of crap and if they get called on it the post is pulled. Amazing just how political this forum really is.

Guest 11-04-2008 05:39 PM

Yours was pulled because you stooped to personal insult. We don't tolerate that, and we pull them when we see them. The number of posts a person makes here has no bearing on whether or not we pull posts.

We always dislike losing members, and you are welcome to stay, or leave, as you please.

Guest 11-04-2008 10:13 PM

I responded to the comment that was posted. C24 was the one who made the inference about money and class. I responded in the only way she (by the hundreds of posts made in political) might understand. I understand you feel it was a personal attack. I feel she made yet another personal attack on John Mc Cain. She made a very strong statement without checking to find out the facts in this matter. I called on her to apologize for that statement. I know you have the power to pull any post and did so but I feel you were very one sided on this particular issue. If my post needed to be pulled I don't understand why her post wasn't pulled also. She has called both Mc Cain and Palin names many times and that was OK? Oh, maybe I didn't understand. It becomes personal when someone mentions another poster but it is OK to slander anyone who isn't a poster? I don't want to argue the point but it seems to me that I am being made an example of. I have read in this forum where this poster has trashed every republican thought or idea by name calling or worse. I have been a life long democrat and it has been an embarrassment for me to read all the muck and mud this poster has made. You have got what you wanted. I won't bother you or this forum anymore.

Guest 11-04-2008 11:34 PM

Union,
You have to go back about 3 months but the same person along with the clique made nothing but personel attacks on me.
You are not alone.
Good Luck but know others agree with you. Nobody ever said life is fair. I bet this gets pulled! Hi Tony!

Guest 11-05-2008 12:11 AM

Best Mom

I bet you put me in "the clique". Well, guess what. I've been deleted and banned. The admins are not one sided. They don't want negative posts and I would suggest you think about what you write or you will be banned as I was.

It's time to be nice. History is in the past...let's move forward.

Guest 11-05-2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 171592)
Best Mom

I bet you put me in "the clique". Well, guess what. I've been deleted and banned. The admins are not one sided. They don't want negative posts and I would suggest you think about what you write or you will be banned as I was.

BANNED is a harsh word, need to make sure it isnt CENSORSHIP also..

Guest 11-05-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Brightspot,

Bingo!!!!!

Boomer

Guest 11-05-2008 06:36 AM

I am a wuss and and a wimp and don't always lay it on the line, but I always agree with Boomer.

We Cincinnati girls know a "Bingo" when we see one.

Great words Brightspot!!!

Guest 11-05-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 171585)
Union,
You have to go back about 3 months but the same person along with the clique made nothing but personel attacks on me.
You are not alone.
Good Luck but know others agree with you. Nobody ever said life is fair. I bet this gets pulled! Hi Tony!

Some wonderful, never heavy, sweet, good people were banned by making negative statements, Best Mom.

This is the beginning of a new life on TOTV. Let's all embrace it.

Guest 11-05-2008 07:10 AM

Bright, Boomer, Gracie......Nice, very, very nice!

Guest 11-05-2008 08:25 AM

Just got here, slept in late and I agree, great posts Bright, Boomer, Gracie and Johnny M! :coolsmiley:

Guest 11-05-2008 08:32 AM

May we all move forward and let bygones be just that -- bygones. We don't have to be friends but that doesn't mean we can't show those here the same kindness and politeness we would a stranger. Here's hoping this is the start of new TOTV where the attacks are gone and the fun is always around.

Guest 11-05-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Best Mom

I agree. It is time to be nice, including being nice to BestMom. With the elections, and various things going on, some of us have been on edge, have been ridiculed, there have been a lot of emotional posts, etc. It is time to put the past behind us and move on. Let us all try and be friendlier. Tony, thanks for the new rule - in my opinion its a good one.

Guest 11-05-2008 09:35 AM

Agree

I agree with everybody!!!
Everybody have a great day.