Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Colony Publix (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/colony-publix-181197/)

nana13 02-05-2016 04:20 PM

Colony Publix

I know many people have posted about the overcrowding at the Colony Plaza Publix shopping area. However today, was by far the worst I have ever seen,(in the six yrs I lived here) I am sure the Super Bowl, has something to do with it, but not only were there no parking places, there were no grocery baskets, when I finally found a place to park, by Beall's I walked to the store to find no baskets, , the aisles were so crowded you could not even get down them, the lines to check out were backed up so far, people were blocking the main aisle . People were raging, complaining and literally I thought we would have a riot in the store. Now that S of 466A is almost complete the population has grown, and than we have the snowbirds, renters and Fruitland park residents adding to the problem, Why didn't the Villages realize that with new growth shopping is at a premium, The Publix on 44 is virtually empty, and I now plan to drive the extra distance to shop there (for my own sanity) until the mass leaves. The Villages did a poor job planning on the additional homes with no shopping available, except for Colony. Patience is non existent and the rudeness and actions of those I witnessed today, was disgraceful. People you are retired, chill out and smile. This is the South, and no one is in a hurry, if you don't like it stay up North.

justjim 02-05-2016 04:53 PM

Perhaps the new Publix just east of the Rohan Regional will help. Remember Fruitland Park was an addition that was not in the Orginal plans for The Villages. We went to Winn Dixie this week---we intend to go again---it is not the old Winn Dixie of years gone by. Really a nice Supermarket IMHO.

RickeyD 02-05-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nana13 (Post 1182179)
I know many people have posted about the overcrowding at the Colony Plaza Publix shopping area. However today, was by far the worst I have ever seen,(in the six yrs I lived here) I am sure the Super Bowl, has something to do with it, but not only were there no parking places, there were no grocery baskets, when I finally found a place to park, by Beall's I walked to the store to find no baskets, , the aisles were so crowded you could not even get down them, the lines to check out were backed up so far, people were blocking the main aisle . People were raging, complaining and literally I thought we would have a riot in the store. Now that S of 466A is almost complete the population has grown, and than we have the snowbirds, renters and Fruitland park residents adding to the problem, Why didn't the Villages realize that with new growth shopping is at a premium, The Publix on 44 is virtually empty, and I now plan to drive the extra distance to shop there (for my own sanity) until the mass leaves. The Villages did a poor job planning on the additional homes with no shopping available, except for Colony. Patience is non existent and the rudeness and actions of those I witnessed today, was disgraceful. People you are retired, chill out and smile. This is the South, and no one is in a hurry, if you don't like it stay up North.

Doesn't seem to be affecting new home sales.

Villager Joyce 02-05-2016 05:14 PM

Grand traverse Publix is slammed. They cannot keep up with stock and very very narrow aisles.

renrod 02-05-2016 05:19 PM

I wish I owned just one of these stores. :$::$::$:

graciegirl 02-05-2016 05:34 PM

The Publix on 466 is very busy as well as is Winn Dixie near Lake Sumter Landing.

We are in the midst of the high season and as it's been pointed out, Super Bowl Weekend. This too shall pass.

Retiring 02-05-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1182191)
Doesn't seem to be affecting new home sales.

Sales are down 12%.

21 Top-Selling Masterplans Sold Nearly 14,100 New Homes in 2015 | John Burns Real Estate ConsultingJohn Burns Real Estate Consulting

Polar Bear 02-05-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiring (Post 1182201)
Sales are down 12%...

Dang Publix.

:icon_bored:

golf2140 02-05-2016 06:05 PM

Don't we hear this story every year at this time !!!!!

Retiring 02-05-2016 06:17 PM

On a personal level the drop is sales has been a good thing. TV Sales is discounting heavily from last years prices. I will be having another meeting with my TV Sales agent next month to discuss some of the more heavily discounted areas. I’ll be able to get a larger home this year than with the same money last year. Luck shines my way on a very very very rare occasion.

OpusX1 02-05-2016 06:27 PM

LOL Down 12 percent but still #1 in the country.

capecoralbill 02-05-2016 06:31 PM

How do we get a Wegman's supermarket down here.?

Retiring 02-05-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusX1 (Post 1182218)
LOL Down 12 percent but still #1 in the country.

There aren’t many planned communities 30+ sq miles in area. TV is a big place.

Bogie Shooter 02-05-2016 07:57 PM

Super Bowl shoppers...................

NYGUY 02-05-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nana13 (Post 1182179)

You will have the new Publix right down the end of Morse for the next high season, the sky is not falling!!..:pepper2: