Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Bonefish Grill to close 14 locations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/bonefish-grill-close-14-locations-182463/)

Chatbrat 02-17-2016 04:32 PM

Bonefish Grill to close 14 locations

Blooming corp has just announced it will be closing 14 Bonefish Locations and the corp locations -such as Carrabbas & Flemings--the report has stated there i a growing revolt against corp.chain restaurants by the younger generation.

Hope our Bone is not on the chopping block.

Taltarzac725 02-17-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1187109)
Blooming corp has just announced it will be closing 14 Bonefish Locations and the corp locations -such as Carrabbas & Flemings--the report has stated there i a growing revolt against corp.chain restaurants by the younger generation.

Hope our Bone is not on the chopping block.

Considering the business the Buffalo Ridge area Bonefish does, I doubt if this one will be one of those targeted for closure.

bagboy 02-17-2016 04:56 PM

Maybe the younger generation expects everything at the chain restaurants to be free.

dewilson58 02-17-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1187130)
Maybe the younger generation expects everything at the chain restaurants to be free.

or they have different expectations of food quality.......prepackage, frozen, processed "food"

gerryann 02-17-2016 05:19 PM

I doubt that the Village location will close.....way too busy!

Younger generation might not like chains, but they sure like McDonalds and all the other fast food garbage.

gomoho 02-17-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryann (Post 1187141)
I doubt that the Village location will close.....way too busy!

Younger generation might not like chains, but they sure like McDonalds and all the other fast food garbage.

Actually they only like fast food when all the ingredients are fresh.

rubicon 02-18-2016 05:46 AM

I don't usually agree with the younger generation in fact really don't even understand their thinking. However in this case I have to agree Bonefish is way over rated and over priced and chain style restaurants too often miss the mark. Family owner restaurant are more authentic to me

Biker Dog 02-18-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1187248)
I don't usually agree with the younger generation in fact really don't even understand their thinking. However in this case I have to agree Bonefish is way over rated and over priced and chain style restaurants too often miss the mark. Family owner restaurant are more authentic to me

:agree:

photo1902 02-18-2016 07:02 AM

Bang Bang Shrimp. Love 'em.

PattyCakes 02-18-2016 07:18 AM

I agree with Rubicon and Biker Dog. Bonefish Grill is overpriced and the food is ok but not exceptional. Carrabbas was our favorite until they cut the chicken marsala portions in half and upped the price.

photo1902 02-18-2016 08:16 AM

You don't like

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyCakes (Post 1187254)
I agree with Rubicon and Biker Dog. Bonefish Grill is overpriced and the food is ok but not exceptional. Carrabbas was our favorite until they cut the chicken marsala portions in half and upped the price.

chain restaurants, yet Carrabas used to be one of your favorite places to eat?

dewilson58 02-18-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1187253)
Bang Bang Shrimp. Love 'em.

Years ago, I heard about BBS on ToTV.........went and tried them. Love'em too. So, we will go sit in the bar area, have BBS, a cocktail and head home. Have not ordered a meal there in years.

Chi-Town 02-18-2016 09:01 AM

I never ate at a Bonefish until I moved here. There were so many choices (all be it expensive) that I didn't have to go chain. But there seems to be only two choices fo consistently good seafood in The Villages, Bonefish Grill or the grill on my lanai.

BTW, 9 locations were opened last year bringing the total to 210. So the closing of 14 doesn't seem to be an extreme churn.

treetop 02-18-2016 09:15 AM

If The Villages, as a demographic, does not fit the rebranding strategy (that seems to be geared toward the Millennials) they will pull out of the area. TGI Fridays did not leave because they were not making money...it was because they are refocusing their efforts on a different market. Same thing going on here.

graciegirl 02-18-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyCakes (Post 1187254)

Did that at Publix too, and Winn-Dixie and even Walmart.

Chicken is more expensive than it used to be.

I like Carrabbas a lot, and Bonefish too and really like some chains.

I still love McDonalds. Harkens back to our Friday night outing with one car, groceries, and McDonalds with the kids. Happy memories and a well run chain. Our kids worked there during high school and they said they had to wash UNDER the tables when they pulled closing shift.