Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   A New Multi-Modal Path Discussion Group (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-multi-modal-path-discussion-group-185083/)

twoplanekid 03-07-2016 05:29 PM

A New Multi-Modal Path Discussion Group

According to the other online news source, the PWAC may resurrect the Multi-Modal Path Discussion Group which will include representation from CDD 1-10 and the Amenity Authority Committee. Topics for discussion might consist of better signage and more speed bumps.

What do you feel should be their focus? Should they concentrate on new or older users of the paths?

As a newer golf cart driver, I feel that all new golf cart users should attend the VHA Safety clinic. If everyone who plays pickle ball is required to go to BP101, the BP 101 practice, then PB102, etc., then all new golf cart drivers should start with the VHA Safety clinic.

justjim 03-07-2016 06:15 PM

Maybe golf class 101 before playing on a golf course. Just kidding--of course. I have no problem with a safety course if someone wants to take it, however, the very serious accidents (fatal) in TV do not usually occur on the MMP'S.

Fredman 03-07-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1195571)
According to the other online news source, the PWAC may resurrect the Multi-Modal Path Discussion Group which will include representation from CDD 1-10 and the Amenity Authority Committee. Topics for discussion might consist of better signage and more speed bumps.

What do you feel should be their focus? Should they concentrate on new or older users of the paths?

As a newer golf cart driver, I feel that all new golf cart users should attend the VHA Safety clinic. If everyone who plays pickle ball is required to go to BP101, the BP 101 practice, then PB102, etc., then all new golf cart drivers should start with the VHA Safety clinic.

We don't need speed bumps on the cart paths

golf2140 03-07-2016 09:29 PM

Stop beating a dead horse!!! Please

outlaw 03-07-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

You really are into mandates, aren't you? No large soda drinks anymore, too? And you don't have to go to any PB course to play PB. Just get three other people and go play. But wear a helmet, elbow and knee guards, shatter proof glasses, 50+ sun screen...

Polar Bear 03-07-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

...If everyone who plays pickle ball is required to go to BP101...

Simply not true.

twoplanekid 03-07-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlaw (Post 1195677)
You really are into mandates, aren't you? No large soda drinks anymore, too? And you don't have to go to any PB course to play PB. Just get three other people and go play. But wear a helmet, elbow and knee guards, shatter proof glasses, 50+ sun screen...

Can you compete in league play without going through the courses? Surly taking the courses are a good thing?

DonH57 03-07-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 1195675)

There are several dead horses on TOTV to choose from!:popcorn:

Polar Bear 03-07-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1195687)
Can you compete in league play without going through the courses?...

Not what you originally said.

twoplanekid 03-07-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 1195675)

While this discussion may be a dead horse for some on this forum, our elected officials may again start to look at adjustments to the multi modal trails according to the discussions at the last PWAC meeting.

twoplanekid 03-07-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1195694)
Not what you originally said.

You are correct. I was thinking about learning to play well so I could try playing in a league.

Topspinmo 03-07-2016 11:03 PM

The POA bulletin that dropped off monthly in your driveway on front page has MMP rules of the road, Everything you ever wanted to know about MMP:boom:
On page 8 It takes about the stripping. I interpreted it as all 42 miles in districts 1 thru 10 will get stripped starting in May June time frame when the snowbirds fly away. I also interpered the discussion is over! It's going to be done. Anybody else read the bulletin?

lots of other information in there also.

Bay Kid 03-08-2016 07:09 AM

Less, not more, speed bumps.

mulligan 03-08-2016 08:02 AM

Perhaps I'll make an inquiry as to weather they will hire professional strippers, or use local wrinklies.

graciegirl 03-08-2016 08:35 AM

I am so glad that most of the folks who get excited about moving to this amazing place go to play golf or pickleball, do ceramics or water color, ride bikes, run, walk, play cards, sing in groups, do civic theatre, swim, or hang out in the evening having a social drink or two.

Very few move here to attend meetings to change things or run things.

For that I am very grateful. This place is dang nigh perfect.

Long live the Royal Family.