Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Where is the Best brunch in TV on weekends? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/where-best-brunch-tv-weekends-188112/)

sunny46 03-30-2016 05:25 PM

Where is the Best brunch in TV on weekends?

Can I please get some recommendations for the best place in TV to have brunch on the weekends? Thank you for your help.

graciegirl 03-30-2016 05:44 PM

I like Bob Evans. Tierra del sol had made to order omelets and great baked stuff, but I haven't been there in over a year. Katie Belles used to have a great brunch on Sundays.

DonH57 03-30-2016 09:04 PM

Hacienda and Orange Blossom country clubs have the best sunday brunch. Katie Bellies unfortunately no more have it as they also had a good one. I don't know about the other country clubs. Bob Evans always have an excellent menu selection, food, and service.

Walter123 03-31-2016 05:08 AM

Cane Gardens.

Northerner52 03-31-2016 05:13 AM

La Hasienda Country Club has everything plus beef carving station. Bonifay has the Buffet with omelette stations.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 03-31-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1206368)
I like Bob Evans. Tierra del sol had made to order omelets and great baked stuff, but I haven't been there in over a year. Katie Belles used to have a great brunch on Sundays.

They almost all have made to order omelettes. We went to Tierra del Sol a few weeks ago and were very disappointed.
They seem to be very disorganized. We got there at nine when they open and had to sit around for twenty minutes before the food was ready. They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. The food was mediocre at best, but it was the service that disappointed us the most.
Went to Hacienda on Easter and it was great. Incredibly crowded, but I expected that on Easter Sunday.
The omelette station was very busy and I don't like waiting in line, but that's my problem. They had another station where they were making pancakes and French toast. I waited for the line to go down and got up to get some pancakes. They were good and you could order them with several different fruits, but I would have preferred that they just put them in a warmer so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I didn't bother with the omelettes to the carving station, but again, that's my choice.
We agreed that we'd go back to Hacienda but never return to Tierra del Sol unless we hear that they've gotten their act together.

Haven't tried Orange Blossom but if Don says it's good, we'll have to give it a shot.

DonH57 03-31-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1206534)
They almost all have made to order omelettes. We went to Tierra del Sol a few weeks ago and were very disappointed.
They seem to be very disorganized. We got there at nine when they open and had to sit around for twenty minutes before the food was ready. They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. The food was mediocre at best, but it was the service that disappointed us the most.
Went to Hacienda on Easter and it was great. Incredibly crowded, but I expected that on Easter Sunday.
The omelette station was very busy and I don't like waiting in line, but that's my problem. They had another station where they were making pancakes and French toast. I waited for the line to go down and got up to get some pancakes. They were good and you could order them with several different fruits, but I would have preferred that they just put them in a warmer so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I didn't bother with the omelettes to the carving station, but again, that's my choice.
We agreed that we'd go back to Hacienda but never return to Tierra del Sol unless we hear that they've gotten their act together.

Haven't tried Orange Blossom but if Don says it's good, we'll have to give it a shot.

We've been there a few times and we were very pleased with them. We went over when we thought it wouldn't be crowded.:smiley:

Chatbrat 03-31-2016 12:20 PM

Tierra Del Sol, is a filthy pit-look @ the scrounge that is imbedded in the crevices on the bar.

gator77 03-31-2016 12:27 PM

Bonifay

Kahuna32162 03-31-2016 09:17 PM

Palmer has a great brunch and the ultimate Bloody Mary!

Villager Dude 03-31-2016 09:50 PM

If you want to spend a little money Harbor Hills and Mission Inn have awesome brunches but are nearby.

DigitalGranny 03-31-2016 10:21 PM

Orange Blossom is a breakfast buffet - no brunch items. The food is good. The service is terrible. If you don't care if your coffee cup is ever refilled, try it out!

asianthree 04-01-2016 03:15 AM

Bonifay has been our go to with service and food. We are finding it harder to go out to resturants and really say it was worth the trip. Not just in TV, but up north also. We go to Cheesecake Factory every Sunday. But Easter brunch the same dishes we always get had less of everything (one Canadian Bacon instead of two and so on). Brought this up to the manger and he said it is always served that way. will will go this Sunday and see. If I am spending $15.00 on an egg, it needs to be worth it.

I love breakfast out but really miss breakfast at a coney, when we are in TV.

Northerner52 04-01-2016 04:35 AM

[QUOTE=They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. .[/QUOTE]

Had the same experience. There at 9, no scrambles eggs. Was told they didn't bring them out until there were more people !!!

The omelet station was open early though and there was a large bakery items available that I have not seen at other places.