Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurant at Havana (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurant-havana-188209/)

JGVillages 03-31-2016 05:07 PM

Restaurant at Havana

Played golf today at Havana. Four of us decided to have lunch so I head to the restaurant to check in, I immediately spot 3 empty tables, one for 8 and two for 6, so they certainly should be able to accommodate four of us. The hostess and manager explain those tables are for those quantity of patrons only and we would have to wait 20-25 minutes. Now it is 2 PM and no one else is waiting to be seated, and it is not the pending dinner hour. If it was I might have understood. We just spent 4 1/2 hours in 85* heat and wanted to have lunch, not just drinks. Havana's restaurant and their management continues to dissapoint. We drove our carts to Lake Sumter Landing and had a nice quick lunch at Sonny's.

Dynsol 03-31-2016 08:11 PM

Happens all the time to our golf group of 20-28 people after we golf. We now go to Beef O Bradys or the Mexican rest. at Colony Plaza. Sorry to say these CC restaurants attached to the golf courses really have so much business with the expanded population they generally turn away golfers. Also occurs with our Sunday couples group of 10-16 golfers. We go to other places who appreciate our business.

Jima64 03-31-2016 08:38 PM

When businesses fail they only need to look inward for the reason.

kaydee 03-31-2016 09:30 PM

If my group of 4 couldn't be accommodated at a 6 top then they surely wouldn't get my business today or all tomorrows. I applaud you for leaving..their loss

rubicon 04-01-2016 05:54 AM

What management did in this situation is planning their self-destruction. We stop going there because their menu and quality of food was limited. Now we can add another reason

memason 04-01-2016 07:02 AM

I find this post (OP) to be very uncharacteristic of the new management of Havana CC. Since the change in management, the service and food has been lightyears ahead of their predecessors.

Not to defend Havana [or any other CC], but there are reasons they don't immediately seat large groups. Normally, it has to do with overwhelming the kitchen and degrading service to everyone.

My opinion....you want a good meal; go to Havana

Marathon Man 04-01-2016 07:10 AM

My golf group has eaten at Havana many times. Never had a problem. One of our favorites.

CFrance 04-01-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 1206920)
I find this post (OP) to be very uncharacteristic of the new management of Havana CC. Since the change in management, the service and food has been lightyears ahead of their predecessors.

Not to defend Havana [or any other CC], but there are reasons they don't immediately seat large groups. Normally, it has to do with overwhelming the kitchen and degrading service to everyone.

But this was only four people. Seems strange to me, unless those two empty tables were reserved.

rubicon 04-01-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1206936)
But this was only four people. Seems strange to me, unless those two empty tables were reserved.

CFrance what responsible manager would tell people they had to wait 20-25 minutes when they had space available, especially since the OP explained it was 2:00PM.

CFrance 04-01-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1207163)
CFrance what responsible manager would tell people they had to wait 20-25 minutes when they had space available, especially since the OP explained it was 2:00PM.

I don't know, Rubicon. Same thing happened to four of us at Ricciardi's last night at 6 PM. Same explanation about what the tables were for. They said a 20 minute wait (but it wasn't that long). I have no idea how these restaurants assign seats. It's getting more confusing than the airlines.

Jima64 04-01-2016 04:42 PM

Large group?

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 1206920)

Wow, 6 people a large group!

Dynsol 04-01-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1206936)

Also, happened to me with four people. By the way they do not take reservations. Now avoid them completely by choice....

golf2140 04-01-2016 07:33 PM

The people skills at Havana are terrible. We stopped going there.

Chatbrat 04-02-2016 05:50 AM

Are you talking about Hemingways? same mgt as Lopez Legacy

JGVillages 04-02-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1207390)
Are you talking about Hemingways? same mgt as Lopez Legacy

Same operator for both. Their management at the Havana Restaurant certainly does not mirror the Lopez location.