Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Miami Dolphins Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/miami-dolphins-talk-18864/)

tonycirocco 09-23-2008 02:55 PM

Go Dolphins!

Wow!

One in a row! Who'd a thunk?

Ronnie Brown for Pres!

Rickie for VP!

Chad er, 1 or 2, for everything else..?.:laugh:

LindaB 09-23-2008 05:07 PM

They could not have beat a better team!!! Go Dolphins
:clap2:

JohnN 09-23-2008 05:47 PM

well, seems as good a place as any to put in my Go Bears thought, they beat Indy LOLOL... .

sure, Go Dolphins too

Helene2008 09-23-2008 08:19 PM

OH!!! do I have fellow Dolphin Fans in The Villages.....Go Dolphins :a040::a040::a040::a040: Isn't it sad one win and we think we won the superbowl...its been a few lean years.

Shimpy 12-11-2008 07:22 PM

Miami Dolphins Talk

Thanks, Will probably try RJ Gators. Hope they open early as I got to eat, drive over to Crystal River to pick up my wife's son at a group home and drive back south to Boynton Bch to catch the kickoff of the Dolphins/49ers game.

redwitch 12-11-2008 07:44 PM

Got room (and a tik) for one more? I've been a Dolfan since '68 and would love to see them cream the Whiners. hehe Hope it's on television.

Shimpy 12-11-2008 07:58 PM

Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.

Mallory 12-12-2008 12:21 AM

SS - Original season ticket holder. Funny but I've been thinking about Joe Auer's runback for the past week or so. Do you remember who ran it back along the sidlines with him?

And for all you Patriots fans out there and as Coach Shula said getting off the National charter from LA "17 & 0 says it all."

Shimpy 12-12-2008 07:44 PM

I sure don't remember who ran it back along Joe Auer. I do remember in highschool, Coral Gables High, He did the same thing to our arch rivel, Miami High. At that game, Billy Williamson took the kick off, ran towards the sidelines and handed it off to Joe Auer who took it all the way. The entire Miami High Stingarees ran after Billy as he was the most well known star.
The Dolphins lost that game to Oakland, but I'll always remember it. Do you remember that Danny Thomas was part owner of the team then? Flipper did a jump in a tank for each touchdown?

Mallory 12-13-2008 12:16 AM

Actually it was Danny Thomas who ran the whole length of the field on that return. Ran, skipped, jumped all the way.

Gables vs. Miami High was always a battle but Gables vs. Southwest on Thanksgiving morning was more fun. I didn't go to either but had good friends on both teams; I went to Columbus.

chuckinca 12-13-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 177268)
Got room (and a tik) for one more? I've been a Dolfan since '68 and would love to see them cream the Whiners. hehe Hope it's on television.

Not if Mike Singletary can help it they won't

RAB 12-13-2008 01:39 PM

To bad your last game is against the Jets in New York. Until the fish can win in cold climate there just another pretender.

redwitch 12-13-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver stallion (Post 177270)
Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.

I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.

Edgewater12 08-21-2012 03:05 PM

Maybe the fins will have a good year but I highly doubt it I mean we did let go of thebest receivers in the nfl. But it's not like we have a QB who could throw the ball to him

rp001 08-21-2012 05:10 PM

1000 yds

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 177508)
I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.

You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...