Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where To Get House Plans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-get-house-plans-194951/)

Jimmydoodlebug 05-22-2016 06:25 PM

Where To Get House Plans

I think I read here in the last couple of weeks that you can get the plans to your house , but I can't remember where. Can someone point me to the right place?

champion6 05-22-2016 06:33 PM

This is the website for Sumter County permits and house plans: eTRAKiT

Jimmydoodlebug 05-23-2016 05:16 AM

Thank you champion6, but I couldn't find plans there. Maybe I can just go to the Sumter County Building department in person and get them.

jblum315 05-23-2016 05:45 AM

There was a house plan in the packet I got at closing. Of course I can't find it now 9 years later but I know I had it

RickeyD 05-23-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 1230341)
There was a house plan in the packet I got at closing. Of course I can't find it now 9 years later but I know I had it

Try going to Lyle Gants website.

villagetinker 05-23-2016 07:40 AM

I was able to get the plans from Sumter County building department by going to the office (Pinellas plaza), they sent them to me by email, in PDF format.

photo1902 05-23-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1230257)
This is the website for Sumter County permits and house plans: eTRAKiT

Absolutely the easiest way to do it. No point in making a trip to the office.

kansasr 05-23-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmydoodlebug (Post 1230337)
Thank you champion6, but I couldn't find plans there. Maybe I can just go to the Sumter County Building department in person and get them.

When you go to the website, do a PERMIT SEARCH for your address. That's the easiest way to find the documents that have been filed.

Jimmydoodlebug 05-23-2016 02:28 PM

eTRAKIT

I'm still striking out on eTRAKIT, no matter how I search I can't get the plans. I'll just go to the building department.

I'd forgotten about Lyle Gant. He seems to be a realtor extraordinaire and he's got a very informative website, but no building plans just floor plans.

Thanks everyone for the help.:)

EnglishJW 05-23-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmydoodlebug (Post 1230561)
I'm still striking out on eTRAKIT, no matter how I search I can't get the plans. I'll just go to the building department.

I'd forgotten about Lyle Gant. He seems to be a realtor extraordinaire and he's got a very informative website, but no building plans just floor plans.

The recommended website should work. When you go to PERMIT SEARCH it seems very straight forward if you select SITE ADDRESS as your search option. Put in your actual street with this option to bring up a wealth of information. I found the most detailed stuff in the PDF file called Permit Plans Sealed.

HiHoSteveO 05-23-2016 03:21 PM

eTRAKiT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmydoodlebug (Post 1230561)

You're right Jimmy, I've been in there several times before but I can't find it now either. I used the criteria that follows in previous visits.

eTRAKiT >Permits >Search> Permit Info Tab> Scroll down to "Attachments" for building details

Allegiance 05-23-2016 06:13 PM

What about lake county? :)

VillagerNut 05-24-2016 05:41 PM

What floor plan are you trying to get hold of? Do you know the name of it? I have a ton of them.

Jimmydoodlebug 05-25-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillagerNut (Post 1231034)
What floor plan are you trying to get hold of? Do you know the name of it? I have a ton of them.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for my actual building plan so my architect can make some drawings.

dhsmith 05-25-2016 04:21 PM

Across from Colony Plaza is a Engineering firm, can't remember their name and that's where I got a complete set blue prints.If I remember the cost was around $200 so much per page.
Bob