Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lindsey at SalonJaylee Southern Trace (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lindsey-salonjaylee-southern-trace-195218/)

Lbmb24101 05-24-2016 02:21 PM

Lindsey at SalonJaylee Southern Trace

Hello everyone:

Does anybody know where Lindsey is?
I called the salon yesterday and they said she does not work there any more....
She does a great job with my thick, dry curly hair and I am in almost panic mode....my high school reunion is in 4 wks and obviously, want my hair to look decent.
Please let me know if you have info abiut Lindsey's whereabouts.
She was the manager at the salon in S Trace.

Thanks

maryanna630 05-24-2016 08:06 PM

Oh no! Please let me know if you find her. I have an appt next week. It took me so long to find her.....

patfla06 05-25-2016 03:45 PM

Seriously?
She was my 3rd try and now she is gone?

jnieman 05-25-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lbmb24101 (Post 1230941)
Hello everyone:

Does anybody know where Lindsey is?
I called the salon yesterday and they said she does not work there any more....
She does a great job with my thick, dry curly hair and I am in almost panic mode....my high school reunion is in 4 wks and obviously, want my hair to look decent.
Please let me know if you have info abiut Lindsey's whereabouts.
She was the manager at the salon in S Trace.

Thanks

I had someone tell me once that you can find a hairdresser if you know her name on this website. It lists their home addresses if you do a search. Click on "verify a license"
DBPR: Home Page

goodtimesintv 05-25-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryanna630 (Post 1231105)
Oh no! Please let me know if you find her. I have an appt next week. It took me so long to find her.....

Call now to find out who they're planning to assign to you.

Three different times in that salon group, I went to an appointment with a stylist I finally liked, and upon arriving they told me THEN that my stylist was gone. They told me that "___" would be doing my hair. Like usual, they either had good technical skills but do not do what you ask, or they do what you ask but are not good at precision cutting and have no idea how to blow-dry and flat-iron. Really crappy thing to do to customers with thick, difficult hair.

Color Me and Urban Hair both have excellent stylists and the prices are a bit better.

wendyquat 05-25-2016 08:50 PM

I had a similar experience with a very good stylist at What used to be Route 466. I finally found him and drive a distance to see him for cuts. According to him they promise their students at the beauty school a job upon graduation and have to "move out" some of the higher paid stylists to make room for their graduates!

CalcTeacher 05-26-2016 05:48 AM

I love Binx who has been a stylist there for at least 4 years. She is also a stylist that trains other stylists. Tell her "Lisa" sent you! She also does my mom's hair and when my 20-something daughters come for a visit, they go to her also (probably just because they know I'll pay it--haha)! We love Binx!

Bonny 05-26-2016 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyquat (Post 1231531)
I had a similar experience with a very good stylist at What used to be Route 466. I finally found him and drive a distance to see him for cuts. According to him they promise their students at the beauty school a job upon graduation and have to "move out" some of the higher paid stylists to make room for their graduates!

I really liked Jimmy when he was there. He was really good. Then he went to Ocala and it was too far for a haircut. :(

Lbmb24101 05-27-2016 10:37 AM

Thank you for this web address.
Though I have not found Lindsey, it is a good website to know.

Lbmb24101 05-27-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodtimesintv (Post 1231444)
Call now to find out who they're planning to assign to you.

Three different times in that salon group, I went to an appointment with a stylist I finally liked, and upon arriving they told me THEN that my stylist was gone. They told me that "___" would be doing my hair. Like usual, they either had good technical skills but do not do what you ask, or they do what you ask but are not good at precision cutting and have no idea how to blow-dry and flat-iron. Really crappy thing to do to customers with thick, difficult hair.

Color Me and Urban Hair both have excellent stylists and the prices are a bit better.

Thanks. Yes I did call and have a name but am still looking for Lindsey...

Lbmb24101 05-27-2016 10:42 AM

Lisa, thanks.
I will probably try Binx at some point then. In S Trace's Jaylee, correct?

MnGirl 05-30-2016 01:56 PM

Had anyone found Lindsey yet? or does anyone know her last name?

wendyquat 05-30-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1231669)
I really liked Jimmy when he was there. He was really good. Then he went to Ocala and it was too far for a haircut. :(

Jimmy is who I go to in Ocala. Worth it to me!

Lbmb24101 05-30-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnGirl (Post 1233796)
Had anyone found Lindsey yet? or does anyone know her last name?

A friend told me Lindsey's last name is House.
That is her husband's last name.

I googled her , no luck....

Please let me know if anyone knows where Lindsey is working now.

Thanks in advance

KathieI 05-31-2016 07:53 AM

I think I found her on Facebook. Here's the link, good luck. I think I'll try her also if she is the right gal.

Lindsey Glen House | Facebook

UPDATE, her face book page says she's still working at Salon Jaylee, so I PM'd her and told her to contact us to let us know where she's working now.