Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   What is the best Villages restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/what-best-villages-restaurant-198556/)

charmed59 06-20-2016 10:17 PM

What is the best Villages restaurant

We are new to the Villages and love eating out. So far our favorites are the Lighthouse Point Bar and Grill and Palmer Legends.

At the Lighthouse we sat outside with an incredible view and had the Seafood grill with shrimp, scallop and haddock with lots of onion strings. All were cooked to perfection.

At Palmer Legends we had the petite filet with scallop and shrimp and the special twin lobster tails. All were cooked perfectly.

Where else should we try?

sallybowron 06-20-2016 11:08 PM

For Italian I love Little Joeys up North in TV. We also enjoy Eaton Beacn off of 42 I believe. Hurricaine is off 441 just over the Tavares line. Good pub grub and a neat setting. Bonefish and Carrabas never disappoint us. Oak wood for ribs or Bar be cue. These are not all right in TV but near enough.

Barefoot 06-20-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 1243802)
We are new to the Villages and love eating out. So far our favorites are the Lighthouse Point Bar and Grill and Palmer Legends.
At the Lighthouse we sat outside with an incredible view and had the Seafood grill with shrimp, scallop and haddock with lots of onion strings. All were cooked to perfection.
At Palmer Legends we had the petite filet with scallop and shrimp and the special twin lobster tails. All were cooked perfectly.

We like Bonefish, Lopez Country Club and Glenview.
And Eaton's Beach (for the ambiance).

This link may be of interest.
VIRGINIA TRACE, THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA

Chatbrat 06-21-2016 06:56 AM

Hemingways @ Havana

dewilson58 06-21-2016 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1243811)
We like Bonefish, Lopez Country Club and Glenview.
And Eaton's Beach (for the ambiance).

This link may be of interest.
******* VIRGINIA TRACE,* THE VILLAGES,* FLORIDA

Get the Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish!!!!

:beer3:

Barefoot 06-21-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1243872)
Get the Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish!

Bang Bang shrimp is so yummy! :icon_hungry:

HimandMe 06-21-2016 07:11 AM

We love the Thai Restaurant in LSL. Curried chicken or anything with the red sauce.

jebartle 06-21-2016 08:00 AM

[Palmer recently closed because of insect infeststion....Eeeeck!

QUOTE=charmed59;1243802]We are new to the Villages and love eating out. So far our favorites are the Lighthouse Point Bar and Grill and Palmer Legends.

Where else should we try?[/QUOTE]

NYGUY 06-21-2016 08:14 AM

Give Honest John's a try!!

TomOB 06-21-2016 08:50 AM

Honest John's or go to Ocala or Mt. Dora for food with taste.

Taltarzac725 06-21-2016 09:12 AM

Enjoyed the trips to Mt. Dora and Pisces Rising. Pisces Rising | A Fresh Florida Seafood and Steak House

And Leesburg has Turner's Kitchen and Bar. Turners - Press

Turners - Location + Hours

In the Villages, we go to Bonefish Grill often. Bonefish Grill

Bonny 06-21-2016 09:13 AM

We are Cody's, City Fire & Honest John's people.

WAC2371 06-21-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1243956)
We are Cody's, City Fire & Honest John's people.

those are good choices which I enjoy also. I would add RJ Gators, Lighthouse and Gator's Dockside too...McCalls for fried chicken and Maragarite Republic

Bonny 06-21-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAC2371 (Post 1244099)
those are good choices which I enjoy also. I would add RJ Gators, Lighthouse and Gator's Dockside too...McCalls for fried chicken and Maragarite Republic

I pretty much like every place. ;) If I don't have to cook, it all works for me. LOL

Ed Krik 06-21-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 1243802)

We also like the Lighthouse. You should try

Stumpknockers
13821 SW HY 200
Dunnellon FL
The food was great! There are two in Fl., local owned.
it's about a 45 minute drive but worth it. you can go to there web site and view the menu.

:gc: