Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Athens Restaurant - Reborn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/athens-restaurant-reborn-198588/)

alancusa 06-21-2016 08:06 AM

Athens Restaurant - Reborn

Just read this morning that Athens NY Restaurant is re-opening at the site of the Texas Stockyards on Hwy 441.

This announcement raises an interesting question:

Have any of it's former regular customers ever received a reimbursement for the unused portion of Gift Cards that were sold by them prior to their closing last winter?

I for one can assure you that I have NOT despite several promises. Interested to know if anyone has ever received their reimbursement?

If no refunds have been paid one can only wonder how they can have the nerve to reopen and expect any former customers to frequent their establishment again. I for one will not go there.

How say you?

CSilvestrucci 06-21-2016 08:47 AM

I will be there the day they open! Cannot wait!:pepper2:

Bogie Shooter 06-21-2016 08:48 AM

Looking forward to our first visit.

graciegirl 06-21-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1243931)
Looking forward to our first visit.

Rubicon likes it too. What are your favorite dishes, Bogie?

villagetinker 06-21-2016 09:01 AM

I did not notice an opening date, did I miss something?

Bonny 06-21-2016 09:11 AM

It says they will open next month, July. Probably don't have a lot of work to do to get it ready.
Looking forward to it !!

Gerald 06-21-2016 09:26 AM

go, don't go, the place really does not care about your loss.

JoMar 06-21-2016 09:43 AM

Some times I take a principled position like the OP.......except when it comes to my taste buds and stomach.....my card went in the trash and I am headed back.

Bogie Shooter 06-21-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1243938)
Rubicon likes it too. What are your favorite dishes, Bogie?

Beef on Kummelweck. And Friday night fish fry.

From Wikipedia
The origin and history of the beef on weck sandwich is not well established.[3] It is believed that a German baker named William Wahr, who is thought to have immigrated from the Black Forest region of Germany, created the kummelweck roll while living in Buffalo, New York.[3] Wahr may have based the kummelweck roll on a special loaf left as a ceremonial offering for the dead known in Swabia as Schwäbische Seele, which is a thin roll resembling a baguette that is topped with salt and caraway seeds.[4]

A local pub owner is said to have used the roll to create the beef on weck, with the thought that the salty top of the roll would encourage his patrons to purchase more drinks.

Skip 06-21-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alancusa (Post 1243900)
Just read this morning that Athens NY Restaurant is re-opening at the site of the Texas Stockyards on Hwy 441.

The news broke on The Villages Gourmet Club's Facebook Page yesterday.

Skip

alancusa 06-21-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1243980)
Some times I take a principled position like the OP.......except when it comes to my taste buds and stomach.....my card went in the trash and I am headed back.

Taste buds are one thing, getting screwed is another. Why would you reward someone who cheated you by returning. Guess my principles take priority over my taste buds.

Barefoot 06-21-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1243980)

:1rotfl:

Jima64 06-21-2016 11:42 AM

Maybe they are opening using a legal loophole to avoid paying any owed money for the loyalty program. It is really ballsy of them to open again without settling this customer debt. Hope they don't try to sell another program.

Chatbrat 06-21-2016 11:55 AM

Once shame on you twice shame on me

graciegirl 06-21-2016 12:07 PM

I have learned something from this forum. Don't buy a customer loyalty card. I haven't ever done that so far and I am darn tootin' not doing it in the future.

It appears that customer loyalty cards are scams.

I am just going to go and pay full price for food wherever I want to go.

So much for loyalty. ;)