Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   FINANCIAL PLANNERS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/financial-planners-399/)
-   -   Florida's Living Wage (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/financial-planners-399/floridas-living-wage-198979/)

TOTV Team 06-24-2016 09:29 AM

Florida's Living Wage

dewilson58 06-24-2016 09:45 AM

error

Chi-Town 06-24-2016 10:06 AM

Pretty depressing especially when you look around central Florida outside of The Villages. How many do you think have a liveable wage?

graciegirl 06-24-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1245208)
Pretty depressing especially when you look around central Florida outside of The Villages. How many do you think have a liveable wage?

If people are not making as much money as you think they should, there are choices. Work another job, take some courses to get a skill that will increase your earnings. Move somewhere else. Be very careful with the money you make. Not everyone is born with the same abilities and maybe that is not fair. But it is a fact of life.

graciegirl 06-24-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1245185)

What were you trying to tell us?

RickeyD 06-24-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1245213)
If people are not making as much money as you think they should, there are choices. Work another job, take some courses to get a skill that will increase your earnings. Move somewhere else. Be very careful with the money you make. Not everyone is born with the same abilities and maybe that is not fair. But it is a fact of life.

Look around you, show me where all the large manufacturing companies are now. Tell me what a bachelors degree will get you today and how much it will cost to obtain that degree. It has more to do with the availability of good paying jobs than it has to do with ability.

dewilson58 06-24-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1245238)
Look around you, show me where all the large manufacturing companies are now. Tell me what a bachelors degree will get you today and how much it will cost to obtain that degree. It has more to do with the availability of good paying jobs than it has to do with ability.

It's a different world today. USA can not rely on large manufacturing company jobs. Unions destroyed them and there are much lower manufacturing wages across the water. :22yikes: The jobs are out there in the USA. The underemployed and unemployed (who want to work) do not have the appropriate skills/education for the openings.

I had three children graduate in the last three years. They selected appropriate fields..........fields they like and are in demand. One had a job six months before graduation and the other two got jobs just prior to graduation. Three different fields of study, but the placement rates for all three fields were in excess of 90%.

IMOA

RickeyD 06-24-2016 12:26 PM

Florida's Living Wage

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1245213)

///

RickeyD 06-24-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1245261)
It's a different world today. USA can not rely on large manufacturing company jobs. Unions destroyed them and there are much lower manufacturing wages across the water. :22yikes: The jobs are out there in the USA. The underemployed and unemployed (who want to work) do not have the appropriate skills/education for the openings.

I had three children graduate in the last three years. They selected appropriate fields..........fields they like and are in demand. One had a job six months before graduation and the other two got jobs just prior to graduation. Three different fields of study, but the placement rates for all three fields were in excess of 90%.

IMOA

So what would happen if everyone decided to enter the " appropriate " fields ?