Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Are Comb Overs Coming Back (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/comb-overs-coming-back-19904/)

Sgt Mac 01-29-2009 05:55 PM

Are Comb Overs Coming Back

Are Comb Over coming back or are they called basket handles?
I have seen a lot of guys with them down at the line dancing area do girls like them also very inexpensive Rugs or wigs I had to stop and look at one man at the new Sams Club his looked like a 50's bathing cap :shrug:
Maybe someone can tell me more about that or something you do?
Confused about new Style in area
Da Sgt

Bogie Shooter 01-29-2009 06:08 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:yuck:

redwitch 01-29-2009 06:15 PM

Gee, Mac, I never knew they went out of style. I suppose there are worse looks but I'm not sure what. Okay, a bad wig is pretty sad but a comb over is seriously high on my YUCK list.

Halle 01-29-2009 06:35 PM

;)

It depends, if they are driving a Red Ferrari and I have had a couple of glasses wine they could be very sexy.

:0000000000luvmyhors

Boomer 01-29-2009 06:39 PM

OK. It's official. I have been cooped up too long. Too much ice and snow. Think Jack Nicholson coming through that door with that ax in that movie where it kept snowing and icing. I hate winter.

Anyway, what am I babbling about now?

Somewhere in the archives of TOTV, there is a big, long discussion of comb overs. I think it was in the Feminine Forum several months ago. It was fun as I recall. And nobody liked comb overs -- or is it combovers? -- I do not know which.

Anyway, I don't know why I remember these old threads. But that thing is on here somewhere. I know. If only I could remember something useful instead of turning into some kind of savant of old threads. Sad.

I guess our combover bashing did no good anyway. Those things are still appearing in TV it sounds like.

Boomer

Sgt Mac 01-29-2009 06:43 PM

Ok,
But are Bell Bottoms or High Water pants part of the look and are they driving the Buick's over the double yellow lines?
Let us know :faint:
Da Sgt

samhass 01-29-2009 10:07 PM

Please, no comb overs.
Please.
Shave it all off or something but for the sake of humanity, do not comb it over.

chelsea24 01-29-2009 10:37 PM

ewwwwwwwww

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 185839)
Gee, Mac, I never knew they went out of style. I suppose there are worse looks but I'm not sure what. Okay, a bad wig is pretty sad but a comb over is seriously high on my YUCK list.

A worse look? hmmmm, maybe a mullet? Oh, how about a mullet with a comb over? :yuck::yuck:

Be still my heart! :1rotfl:

samhass 01-29-2009 11:17 PM

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! That is not pretty.barf

Barefoot 01-30-2009 12:02 AM

John McCain is such a trend setter. I think he brought back the dreaded comb over when he was running for president.

In my books, comb overs rank right up there with missing teeth. :yuck:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Halle, great comment .... ROFLMAO ...

"It depends, if they are driving a Red Ferrari and I have had a couple of glasses wine they could be very sexy. "

graciegirl 01-30-2009 05:51 AM

Miss Gracie, The Villages FASHION Guru is giving gentlemen advice. PUH-Leeze don't comb it over or wear a rug, let your CLEAN hair flow in the breeze in a natural way. ANOTHER thing, if you are fortunate enough to still be sporting a full head of hair, do NOT allow The Village hair cutters to have at it without a discussion, warning, signing of contract or threat of bodily harm, because every last man jack of them, or woman jack of them is out to give you a GEEZER hair cut. Tell them to use scissors and that you can afford to come back for another haircut before the summer. We are not talking a cute buzz like the Marines here, we are talking a genuine, dumb looking, shaved up to the longer hair on top, GEEZER cut. You have been warned. Also, it may be time to update your glass frames. The large plastic frames are out.

I just couldn't help myself.

Oh gosh, I have left myself wide open for bashing. I know I wore floods just yesterday.

The bottom line is that people don't really care much how anyone looks. This is a comfortable place and an accepting place and I was just kidding.

Talk Host 01-30-2009 07:01 AM

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...es/haircut.jpg

njgranny 01-30-2009 07:07 AM

A Vote for NO Combovers

There's nothing wrong with a bald, or partially bald head. Combovers - no, no and no!

graciegirl 01-30-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 185943)

AH Jan. Good one. Was that at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?

chelsea24 01-30-2009 08:23 AM

Hahahahaha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 185947)
AH Jan. Good one. Was that at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?

Oh Gracie you make me laugh! Thank you helping me to start my morning with laughter! :laugh::mornincoffee::laugh: