Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Air Conditioning/Air Quality (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/air-conditioning-air-quality-393/)
-   -   air condition (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/air-conditioning-air-quality-393/air-condition-199769/)

adguy 07-01-2016 10:57 AM

air condition

can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonable air condition company to perform a yearly maintenance ?

dbussone 07-01-2016 11:18 AM

Sun Kool - very professional, very competitive pricing. Many of the installations in TV are done by them.

Sun Kool Air Conditioning, Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating Repair in The Villages & Ocala, FL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CWGUY 07-01-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adguy (Post 1248052)
can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonable air condition company to perform a yearly maintenance ?

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...ovider-199754/

redwitch 07-01-2016 12:29 PM

Have used both Sun Kool and Chuck Farrell. They are both excellent companies but my first choice would be Chuck. He isn't a company and doesn't have a slew of technicians working for him. You know you'll get Chuck or his personally-trained assistant, not someone who just passed a test. However, if, for some reason, I couldn't get Chuck, I wouldn't hesitate to use Sun Kool. (Munn's and Broward are way down on my list.)

ahayward65 07-01-2016 12:37 PM

Sun Kool= No

I would never recommend Sun Kool, my neighbor had a whole new unit installed last spring and she has had more than 12 service calls from them to get it running properly. Each time is another young inexperienced technician who does not know what he is doing.

I would wholly recommend Stan Swander, a Villager who is on his own. He does heating and cooling. He is honest and very knowledgeable and has saved us a lot of money. He will not try to sell you something you do not need.

RickeyD 07-01-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahayward65 (Post 1248115)
I would never recommend Sun Kool, my neighbor had a whole new unit installed last spring and she has had more than 12 service calls from them to get it running properly. Each time is another young inexperienced technician who does not know what he is doing.

I would wholly recommend Stan Swander, a Villager who is on his own. He does heating and cooling. He is honest and very knowledgeable and has saved us a lot of money. He will not try to sell you something you do not need.

If the Sun Kool youngster didn't know what he was doing, he is not a technician. Simply an untrained warm body that the owner tossed out there to see if he sticks.

2BNTV 07-01-2016 02:47 PM

Chuck Farrell is da man. 352.516.0192

kellyjam 07-01-2016 05:09 PM

Another vote for Chuck. Tells you to buy your own filters to save money.

kcrazorbackfan 07-01-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1248093)

Big props also to Chuck Farrell.

lanabanana73 07-01-2016 08:10 PM

What kind of yearly maintenance needs to be done, besides changing your filter????

rubicon 07-02-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahayward65 (Post 1248115)

Sun Kool replaced my unit some 2 years ago. Provided great service no call backs necessary. My neighbor had the same unit installed and Sun Kool was much more competitive. Like many businesses sometimes its just a bad or inexperienced employee.

karostay 07-02-2016 06:07 AM

Sun Kool Club :bowdown: five years great service

dbussone 07-02-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanabanana73 (Post 1248306)
What kind of yearly maintenance needs to be done, besides changing your filter????

We have our unit checked twice a year. In the Spring they make sure the the A/C is working. They will clean out the outside unit of debris, check the electrical system, check the pressure level of the coolant, check the lines for leaks, test the temperature coming out of the vents in the house, check the thermostat for proper function, do a few other things, and change the filter if needed. In the Fall they basically do the same thing but focus also on the furnace.

I know they do a few other things but I can't remember it all. They spend about a half hour on each call.

These guys that work for Sun Kool know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rdhdleo 07-02-2016 09:06 AM

Another vote for Chuck Farrell. Best most far and honest we have found.!

Barefoot 07-02-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanabanana73 (Post 1248306)

Fireboy checks the coolant and does a temperature test before we leave for the summer.