Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Baptist churches (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/baptist-churches-201504/)

mic4me 07-14-2016 10:51 AM

Baptist churches

My mother-in-law lives with me in TV and claims to be a southern Baptist and is looking for a church. I have asked her what a "southern Baptist" is and she can't describe it. Can anyone recommend a friendly active Baptist church south of 466 or 466A? It would greatly help me get her active in the community and give her the spiritual involvement she wants/needs.

pqrstar 07-14-2016 11:15 AM

Soluthern Baptist

Quote:

Originally Posted by mic4me (Post 1254133)
My mother-in-law lives with me in TV and claims to be a southern Baptist and is looking for a church. I have asked her what a "southern Baptist" is and she can't describe it. Can anyone recommend a friendly active Baptist church south of 466 or 466A? It would greatly help me get her active in the community and give her the spiritual involvement she wants/needs.

First Baptist Chruch of Leesburg has a "Village Park Campus"
worship service which is held each Sunday at 9:00am at the American Legion Post 347. It is located at the corner of 466 and Rolling Acres Rd.

Here is a link to their Southern Baptist Beliefs
First Baptist Church Leesburg >> What We Believe

pqrstar 07-14-2016 11:22 AM

Village of Faith Baptist Church
VOFBC

Gaither style music!

go west on 466A, at Powell Road, turn right onto CR 127
8653 CR127, Wildwood, FL.

Brad-tv 07-14-2016 05:22 PM

First Baptist Wildwood
Very good services with a Southern Pastor, very good message

Carl in Tampa 07-14-2016 08:23 PM

About Southern Baptists

2 Attachment(s)
The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) is a Christian denomination based in the United States. It is the world's largest Baptist denomination and the largest Protestant body in the United States, with over 15 million members as of 2015. This also makes it the second largest Christian body in the United States, after the Catholic Church.

Unlike the Catholic Church, each Southern Baptist Church has it's own governance, and is not controlled by the Southern Baptist Convention. Membership in the Convention is to facilitate home and foreign mission activity and other efforts that require extensive resources to accomplish. The core beliefs of Southern Baptists include salvation solely through faith in Jesus.

Southern Baptists are one of the largest non-governmental organizations (NGOs) providing disaster relief throughout the United States, and sometimes overseas. The others are the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

The average size of a Southern Baptist Church across the United States is under 300, but there are many "mega-churches" with many thousands of members. I am a member of Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, which is a mega-church with a large contingent of disaster relief volunteers, with whom I have worked for several years as a amateur radio operator in the emergency communications area.

I wish I could be of help recommending a Southern Baptist Church in the geographical area you mention, but my experience has been in the First Baptist Church of The Villages, which is at 7570 SE Hwy 42, which is a long distance from where you specified.

Prior posts have given some recommendations. I just wanted to tell you more about the denomination.