Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Male golf cart drivers/riders...... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/male-golf-cart-drivers-riders-202471/)

kcrazorbackfan 07-22-2016 08:17 PM

Male golf cart drivers/riders......

What is it with some of y'all that drive/ride with your feet dangling outside the cart or knees hanging outside the carts? No clue as to what will happen to you if someone sideswipes you or you get too close to something? Hope you have good insurance and won't mind not being able to play golf/have fun for awhile........ I directed this toward men because I never see women doing that.

villagetinker 07-22-2016 08:32 PM

They are trying out for the Darwin award, winners are always announced on the evening news, and occasionally on the obituaries.

As pointed out by others, each of us has our own level of risk, theirs is obviously much higher then ours.

Rango 07-22-2016 09:05 PM

A lot of these guys are obese and can't completely fit behind the wheel.

CFrance 07-22-2016 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's called man spread and is causing a big problem on big city mass transit. NYC trains even have signs posted against it.

Nucky 07-22-2016 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=Rango;1258285]A lot of these guys are obese and can't completely fit behind the wheel.[/QUOTE

Are you serious? I'm calorically challenged and don't appreciate your out of line reply.

Will VDS 07-22-2016 10:07 PM

Hot air

I think most guys are just trying to get rid of all that hot air that gets built up in their shorts while playing golf.

Topspinmo 07-22-2016 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Nucky;1258300]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rango (Post 1258285)
A lot of these guys are obese and can't completely fit behind the wheel.[/QUOTE

Are you serious? I'm calorically challenged and don't appreciate your out of line reply.

He said it in nice tone. It could of been worse:beer3:

Down Sized 07-23-2016 02:52 AM

I think we have several flashers riding around & checking for any takers!

Nucky 07-23-2016 04:31 AM

[QUOTE=Topspinmo;1258323]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1258300)
He said it in nice tone. It could of been worse:beer3:

I agree. My response could have been worse also. :censored:

Taltarzac725 07-23-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1258263)
What is it with some of y'all that drive/ride with your feet dangling outside the cart or knees hanging outside the carts? No clue as to what will happen to you if someone sideswipes you or you get too close to something? Hope you have good insurance and won't mind not being able to play golf/have fun for awhile........ I directed this toward men because I never see women doing that.

There have been threads about this in the past. I often have to pull further over when driving my car or cart past one of these men as they do often have a foot or sometimes a good part of their leg sticking out of the golf cart.

Arctic Fox 07-23-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

What is it with some of y'all that drive/ride with your...knees hanging outside the carts?

Mrs Fox asked the same question yesterday. I told her that they must like the breeze up their shorts, but she didn't seem impressed.

JMEZARIC3 07-23-2016 06:12 AM

I know a guy

Quote:

When I golf with someone dangling a foot,I tell them my "I know a guy" story.Poor Al got his foot caught between a rock and the golf cart.
The good news,the rock and golf cart were not damaged.The bad news his foot and ankle needed major repair work done.After a year of rehab,he can golf but walks with a slight limp.The daily pain is not too bad but weather changes shoots up the pain level.

Chatbrat 07-23-2016 06:29 AM

Gotta love The Villages, most women can't get pregnant, while most men look like they are !!!

graciegirl 07-23-2016 06:40 AM

I haven't ever read that anyone was hurt doing this.

EVER. I am not too smart but I have a good memory.

Taltarzac725 07-23-2016 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1258391)
Gotta love The Villages, most women can't get pregnant, while most men look like they are !!!

That's a great line.

My dog Beau likes to jump up on people's laps at the dog park and sometimes tries a lap that is more like a balloon than a lap. He kind of falls off without getting any kind of perch.

Beau's a chihuahua mix of about 11 lbs.