Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   problem with downloading photo (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/problem-downloading-photo-204684/)

MarcR 08-08-2016 09:52 AM

problem with downloading photo

I want to advertise an item for sale but could not include a photo. A window popped up saying 'upload URL might be wrong or doesn't exist.' Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tsalla Apopka 08-18-2016 08:41 AM

Many forums won't let you upload a photo directly. They want the photo uploaded to another website like the cloud, pBase or Flickr. At that site you can copy the url (the address of that photo) from the line at the top of Internet Explorer and paste that address into the popup here.

phowe 10-27-2016 05:53 PM

I don't even know how you got to that point as I have placed an item for sale prior and had no problem but know the button to begin the process seems to be gone. Do you have any suggestions? I have watched the instructional video and the screens do not match. Maybe the video would help you though.

LitespeedRider 10-27-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcR (Post 1268423)
I want to advertise an item for sale but could not include a photo. A window popped up saying 'upload URL might be wrong or doesn't exist.' Any suggestions? Thanks.

Where is this photo currently at? (your pc? phone? camera? website?)

Mikeod 10-27-2016 06:49 PM

This site is very fussy about the size of the picture file. If it's too large, you get error messages, or it just doesn't finish downloading. Try reducing the size of the picture file.

designer14 11-04-2016 08:00 AM

I am getting the exact same message!! So frustrating-I've tried my Macbook Pro, ipad. I've reduced the size of my photo and only trying to load one. I've also tried Safari browser and Chrome. the message "the url might be wrong or doesn't exist " I have several items to sell..... Please someone help. I know how to do these things-have no problem uploading to Craigs List. I may have to embed a ling to that site.

LitespeedRider 11-04-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designer14 (Post 1315025)
I am getting the exact same message!! So frustrating-I've tried my Macbook Pro, ipad. I've reduced the size of my photo and only trying to load one. I've also tried Safari browser and Chrome. the message "the url might be wrong or doesn't exist " I have several items to sell..... Please someone help. I know how to do these things-have no problem uploading to Craigs List. I may have to embed a ling to that site.

I think they are back end issues with the site. Why not just post URL's to your images?