Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Deans or no Deans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/deans-no-deans-205758/)

karostay 08-15-2016 12:53 PM

Deans or no Deans

Iv'e reached my breaking point with Fertigator
Not as bad as it sounds but if if it wasn't for the watchful eye of my neighbors when I'm away it's not telling what my yard would look like. I have to call twice a year when Im away to remind them to do the things that I pay monthly for and I'm getting tired of it.
I have contacted Dean's just wondering if anyone has any experience working with them good or bad

Thanks

tuctba1958 08-15-2016 01:27 PM

I've had Deans since 2004. I would say if you can't do it yourself they are the best of all evils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGolf 08-15-2016 01:29 PM

Just started with Deans. They seem great

outahere 08-15-2016 01:37 PM

We've had them for about 2 1/2 years and we're pretty happy with them. The couple of times I've called about an issue, they have had someone either call or come out the same day. Granted, I could mow and trim bushes myself, but after taking care of a large lawn (well over an acre) and a LOT of bushes for many years, I'm really not into lawn work anymore.

yabbadu 08-15-2016 01:53 PM

Have used Deans since dumping Massey and could not be happier.

villagetinker 08-15-2016 02:08 PM

Have used Deans since July 2013, and happy with their service. They always take care of any problems or concerns.

kcrazorbackfan 08-15-2016 05:57 PM

To each, their own; I was out in my yard one day and saw a Dean's truck pull up to a neighbor and put the treatment sign in the yard without doing anything. I had Fertigator after I moved here last summer for a few months, but they could never get the bill correct, so now I take care of mine and am extremely pleased with my results.

waterlily 08-15-2016 06:16 PM

Deans 2 1/2 years. Very responsive. Do a good job. Not great, but they do a GOOD job. I think if you want great lawn service, you must do it yourself.

JP 08-15-2016 08:59 PM

Deans for 3 years. Always responsive if needed. No problemo.

Barefoot 08-15-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1272248)
Iv'e reached my breaking point with Fertigator
Not as bad as it sounds but if if it wasn't for the watchful eye of my neighbors when I'm away it's not telling what my yard would look like. I have to call twice a year when Im away to remind them to do the things that I pay monthly for and I'm getting tired of it.

We've been using Falcon Lawn and Pest, for about 18 months.
They are a full-service company. They mow, weed, trim shrubs, fertilize, trim palms, and handle pest control indoors and out!
Our Homewatch Company tells us they are doing a great job when we're up north.

RickeyD 08-16-2016 05:02 AM

Deans or no Deans

///

RickeyD 08-16-2016 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1272401)
To each, their own; I was out in my yard one day and saw a Dean's truck pull up to a neighbor and put the treatment sign in the yard without doing anything. I had Fertigator after I moved here last summer for a few months, but they could never get the bill correct, so now I take care of mine and am extremely pleased with my results.

Did you notify your neighbor of this egregious act ? What was the outcome ?

Mikeod 08-16-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1272401)

With the quality service I've received from Dean's, I wonder if perhaps they just forgot to put the sign in when they treated and came back to do it. It is required.

karostay 08-16-2016 07:42 AM

I want to thank everyone for their input it's been most helpful and appreciated :wave:
I'll be returning in 2 weeks to evaluate my lawn and make my decision based on it's condition then.

Thanks

MrGolf 08-16-2016 08:25 AM

Good point. They sprayed our bushes and grass last week. I was home when they were here so I know this was done. They did not put a sign in the yard.