Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Anniversary restaurant in Mt. Dora (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/anniversary-restaurant-mt-dora-207211/)

jojo 08-25-2016 02:22 PM

Anniversary restaurant in Mt. Dora

Which restaurant would you recommend for an anniversary dinner in Mt. Dora?

LvmyPug2 08-25-2016 02:58 PM

Goblin Market!

GordyM 08-25-2016 03:03 PM

Mt. Dora Brewery

I would recommend - Mt. Dora Brewing

Their website - Mt. Dora Brewing

And here is the opinion of others also - Google Reviews of Mt. Dora Brewery

baustgen 08-25-2016 03:15 PM

Goblin Market more formal and expensive.

alancusa 08-25-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 1278025)

Cafe Gianni, serves made to order real Italian. Owner chef is Italian through and through. Used to be in Eustice before moving to Mt Dora. The aesthetics probably won't be as good as Goblin Market but the food and prices will be much better. Don't let anyone steer you to the Lakeside Inn as it has gone dramattically downhill in the past few years.

dbussone 08-25-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 1278025)

I know you are looking in Mt. Dora, but if you don't find something you like, think about Ocala. My wife and I celebrated our 47th anniversary on Tuesday of this week. We went to Mark's Prime Steakhouse on Magnolia Avenue. The steaks are 1st rate, and the Chilean Sea Bass was out of this world.

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alancusa 08-25-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1278100)
I know you are looking in Mt. Dora, but if you don't find something you like, think about Ocala. My wife and I celebrated our 47th anniversary on Tuesday of this week. We went to Mark's Prime Steakhouse on Magnolia Avenue. The steaks are 1st rate, and the Chilean Sea Bass was out of this world.

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more.

The food is not commensurate with the outrageously high prices.

rubicon 08-25-2016 03:58 PM

Or you can avoid all of the uncertainty and difference of opinion and do what I do. Make my wife an intimate dinner of her choice soup and dessert included. If her choice is somewhat exotic I have fun eating my mistakes:D

dbussone 08-25-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alancusa (Post 1278107)
The food is not commensurate with the outrageously high prices.

We agree to disagree. Having lived in Las Vegas for 5 years, as well as a bunch of other urban areas, I find their prices quite reasonable.

Some of the restaurants here in TV are enjoyable - but we eat mostly at home. There are no true fine dining locations around here that I know about. (I'm sure Bonny will correct me if I'm wrong.) Mark's is in a different category from standard TV fare, IMO.

And I suspect the OP is not looking for standard TV fare, for this special occasion.

Ecuadog 08-25-2016 04:06 PM

Goblin Market.

Skip 08-25-2016 04:09 PM

I've enjoyed the new Olive Branch Grille & Bar near the railroad tracks in Mount Dora.

Skip

raynan 08-25-2016 05:12 PM

Mark's Prime....plan on $200+

dbussone 08-25-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1278153)
Mark's Prime....plan on $200+

$150 without alcohol probably. If you make a reservation tell them if it is for a special occasion. The chef will generally prepare a dessert that is not on the menu, without charge.

The menu, including prices, may be found here:
https://marksprimesteakhouse.com/wp-...Ocala_Menu.pdf

And if a $200+ special meal, once or twice a year, makes my wife happy, then the price is well worth it.

Bonny 08-25-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1278115)
We agree to disagree. Having lived in Las Vegas for 5 years, as well as a bunch of other urban areas, I find their prices quite reasonable.

Some of the restaurants here in TV are enjoyable - but we eat mostly at home. There are no true fine dining locations around here that I know about. (I'm sure Bonny will correct me if I'm wrong.) Mark's is in a different category from standard TV fare, IMO.

And I suspect the OP is not looking for standard TV fare, for this special occasion.

I agree. I like a lot of restaurants in the Villages, however, there are none here that I would call "fine" dining. The last time we splurged, we went to Capital Grill !! Delicious & top notch service.
I do like Lopez & Bonefish if I wanted a more upscale meal in the Villages.

dbussone 08-25-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1278171)
I agree. I like a lot of restaurants in the Villages, however, there are none here that I would call "fine" dining. The last time we splurged, we went to Capital Grill !! Delicious & top notch service.

I do like Lopez & Bonefish if I wanted a more upscale meal in the Villages.

Where is the Capital Grill, Bonny?