Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What's Your Favorite Square? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/whats-your-favorite-square-207399/)

2BNTV 08-27-2016 09:07 AM

What's Your Favorite Square?

I've always had a special place in my heart for SS as my favorite square, as that was the first one I ever went to. Sort of like hearing the original version of a song, even after others have recorded it.

Some people think LSL is much more scenic and has better shopping.

Some people care for the decor of Brownwood, especially the theater.

I personally think the best square is, the one I'm in. :D

What's your favorite square and why?

John_W 08-27-2016 09:59 AM

For listening to music it would be Brownwood. For the overall atmosphere and entertainment it would be LSL.

Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of SS. To begin with, seating for the band is terrible. The majority of the seats face the back of the stage. When they made those renovations a couple of years ago, I thought repositioning the stage would of been priority one.

With Brownwood and LSL we often tie in going to an afternoon movie and then come out to the music. The SS theater is my least favorite for movies. I've gone there on ocassion when the film was something I wanted to see, like 'Gone Girl' a couple of years ago. Otherwise we usually go to the other two theaters or skip the film, I've heard this from many others as well. I can remember Gone Girl having a line out the door in the second week of showing. I emailed the theater about the film should of opened at LSL and they said, they have to decide on film positioning months in advance.

Before the film we normally go to Paneras for a nice lunch, at SS you have to decide, do I park near the theater or near Paneras or can I find a spot in between. At LSL it's not that big a deal, you can usually park behind Starbucks in that lot and Paneras and the theater are both a short walk.

Finally, the crowd at SS seems like everyone knows everyone, I guess because they've all been going there 10 or more years and we often feel like outsiders. The one caveat to this is about two years ago we sat on the park bench by the temporary bar and shared the bench with a fellow who lives with his mother in the historic side. The band playing was Uncle Bob's Rock Shop, that's the one group we'll go to SS to see. Everytime we went back to SS to see UBRS, we shared that same bench with the same fellow. We got to know him quite well, and sometimes it might be six months until we see him again, but he's usually there.

rtharner 08-27-2016 10:02 AM

Good question to start a discussion. They all bring something unique and different, but the Lake Sumter surface is the best for dancing.

borjo 08-27-2016 11:28 AM

Lake Sumter Landing

Schaumburger 08-27-2016 11:37 AM

My vote would be for Lake Sumter Landing for the decor (kind of a Key West theme) and the location next to the lake.

But I am very happy visiting any of the squares...which I will be doing over New Year's weekend. :pepper2: :pepper2: :D

NYGUY 08-27-2016 11:38 AM

I agree with whichever one I am at, at the time. I went for a reason, so it must have been the one I liked at that time.

DigitalGranny 08-29-2016 10:24 AM

I go to SS most often because it's close to home, but Sumter is, by far, my favorite. The restaurants we like are there, and we love the lake.

Gpsma 08-29-2016 10:43 AM

Times

fishon 08-29-2016 10:53 AM

Times Square?
Yuck!
A den of villainy.

rubicon 08-29-2016 04:14 PM

Favorite square....Pat Boone

2BNTV 08-29-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1280293)
Favorite square....Pat Boone

:1rotfl:

If I had coffee in my mouth, I would have spewed it, into my keyboard. :D

justjim 08-29-2016 05:54 PM

My favorite square depends on the
Entertainment on a specific evening. However, my wife likes S.S. Because of Chico's and I like LSL because Starbucks and we both like Brownwood Barnstorm Theater. So.....each square has an attraction. That's the way it should be.

Fredster 08-29-2016 06:06 PM

Favorite is LSL, i just love the seaside feel it has!

HoosierPa 08-29-2016 09:07 PM

For entertainment viewing, without a doubt we like Brownwood the best.

Two Bills 08-30-2016 04:51 AM

SS was the only square when my wfe and I first visited TV's, it was unique and a fun place to be. Seat saving had not been invented!
We love LSL for the location, and Brownwood just for the cinema.
Kilwins for ice cream at SS. Best in Florida!