Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   The NFL situation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/nfl-situation-207778/)

Guest 08-29-2016 08:35 PM

The NFL situation

That spoiled brat may have started something that will grow into something very ugly.

Ironically this situation could only help trump.

Guest 08-29-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1280449)
That spoiled brat may have started something that will grow into something very ugly.

Ironically this situation could only help trump.

Maybe, maybe not.

Guest 08-29-2016 10:52 PM

All that matters to the NFL is if he can play and win.

Guest 08-29-2016 10:55 PM

I hope other blm players follow his lead, bring lots of attention and other consequences.

Guest 08-30-2016 02:56 AM

Nothing new. Black athletes have made statements before, they'll do it again. Remember the 1968 Mexico Olympics with track and field stars bowing their heads and Black Power fists in the air as the anthem was played? Like it or not, many blacks -- privileged, middle class, poor -- still feel disenfranchised in America.

Help Trump's campaign? I doubt it. He already has the White Supremists on his side. Don't think this will change anything.

Red

Guest 08-30-2016 04:51 AM

Enough is Enough

I find it ironic that because someone has celebrity status people actually listen to them. Donald Trump said it best when he came back at Robert Di Nero's slight. Trump said he's talented but not too smart. Di Nero is now stumping for Trump. Another celebrity who is very active but not too smart is Sean Penn and best of all we have many with the likes of Kenyae West who states he will be president in 2020. Then we have Beyonce who made a tribute to the Black Panther's at the half time superbowl event....and the beat goes on

This nation twice elected a black president who by the way was elected because of his color and not the content of his quality as presidential material. Looking far wide and in between we see many people of color holding down good jobs and important position in and out of government.

too many blacks continue with this ghetto mentality of being victims and people discriminated against. Its locked in their very essence and in some way the same type of indoctrination that sends terrorist into the streets. More whites are killed by cops then blacks and yet more blacks commit crimes than whites...and the beat goes on because guys like sharpton have to keep it going to make a living and sharpton is as close to a radical inman as one can get and he has Obama's ear
and welcome with pen arms many times to that big white house on the hill in Washington DC

I stopped watching major sports long ago including the Olympics because of this political nonsense and because "show me the money" attitudes have driven out the element and spirit of competition and now all people are rooting for are empty suits. Once players were proud and honored to wear the pinstrips...not anymore.

I for one am tired of the tirades tired of of the white guilt that makes unreasonable allowances for this sort of nonsense. I mind my business. I follow the rules. I try and get along.

Enough is enough.

Personal Best Regards

Guest 08-30-2016 05:05 AM

Sticks and stones

There is also another aspect to the NFL situation. First Amendment rights are guaranteed to offend someone. I hold it in contempt when an actor or athlete publicly and actively shows disdain for his/her country especially when they have had the good fortunate to receive more of its blessings than most. Its crude, rude, selfish arrogant, ignorant,hateful, spiteful and just plain unintelligent. However it is their right. In that same vein then I say the baker who refuses to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding because it is offensive to his religious beliefs also has that same right. However we see that liberal nanny government finds that so illegal as to destroy this baker's living. We find hip hoppers who are kool to use the "n"word and yet if a white person uses it in any fashion well then the liberal establishment demands their heads on a platter

Liberals have created this trigger warning micro aggressive safe space insanity.

I liked it better when people understood that sticks and stones may break your bones by names will never hurt you...and yes I understand the law term defamation but that is not what I am referring to here.

Personal Best Regards:

Guest 08-30-2016 05:24 AM

keep the punk in the locker room until the game starts

Guest 08-30-2016 06:09 AM

RGJ exclusive: Chris Ault on Kaepernick, "You never lead by sitting down"

I agree with what Coach Chris Ault has to say about Colin Kaepernek. You do not lead by sitting down.

Kaepernek has been making some really stupid choices of late.

Guest 08-30-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1280498)
RGJ exclusive: Chris Ault on Kaepernick, "You never lead by sitting down"

I agree with what Coach Chris Ault has to say about Colin Kaepernek. You do not lead by sitting down.

Kaepernek has been making some really stupid choices of late.

Colin Kaepernick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Correction on spelling.

Guest 08-30-2016 06:27 AM

My gut thinks that Colin can't be this stupid. Possible other motives.

Trying to stop niners from cutting him, will claim racism.

More likely trying to pivot to another career and is trying to gain fame or infamy. Thugs make great money in show business.

There needs to be boycotts of any products endorsed by those that disparage America or its values. Let our free speech be heard.

If the NFL lets this blm grow many will drop their NFL packages, I hope.

Guest 08-30-2016 06:49 AM

"Black lives matter", will be the rallying cry that destroys this country. It will be at the expense of "white lives".

Guest 08-30-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1280493)
keep the punk in the locker room until the game starts

:BigApplause::BigApplause:

:BigApplause::BigApplause:

Guest 08-30-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1280505)
My gut thinks that Colin can't be this stupid. Possible other motives.

Trying to stop niners from cutting him, will claim racism.

More likely trying to pivot to another career and is trying to gain fame or infamy. Thugs make great money in show business.

There needs to be boycotts of any products endorsed by those that disparage America or its values. Let our free speech be heard.

If the NFL lets this blm grow many will drop their NFL packages, I hope.

They said that they are likely to cut him. He's just worried so he is trying to hedge his bet by hinting of a racism accusation if they drop him. Even if they keep him, he will be sitting on the bench. As much as he will be sitting, I am surprised he doesn't take advantage of a chance to stand for the National Anthem.

Guest 08-30-2016 09:49 AM

I'm sure that Hillary will blame Trump for this blatant act of racism.