Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website Support and Testing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/)
-   -   Hiding Classifides (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/hiding-classifides-214262/)

JGVillages 10-14-2016 01:57 PM

Hiding Classifides

When viewing "New Posts" I am unable to hide the classifides. Enabling the "Hide Classifides" at the top of the New Posts page has no effect to keep them from view. Please advise???

alancusa 10-14-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGVillages (Post 1306404)
When viewing "New Posts" I am unable to hide the classifides. Enabling the "Hide Classifides" at the top of the New Posts page has no effect to keep them from view. Please advise???

Made the same comment in a separate post several hours ago. Its' become a big negative about TOTV.

rubicon 10-14-2016 02:53 PM

me too a few days back

Mikeod 10-14-2016 03:34 PM

It looks like they are dealing with two major problems from that upgrade. One, the political forum is all messed up, with posts showing up on the main board and names showing up instead of "Guest". And the second is the non-functioning "Hide Classifieds" button. I guess if it were an easy fix it would have occurred by now. :shrug: I can't believe they would be dragging their feet on this with all the angst it has created.

CFrance 10-14-2016 03:55 PM

They have fixed the political forum right away. Wish they would do the same for the classified problem. I feel like this is Craig's List again.

photo1902 10-14-2016 04:09 PM

You get what you pay for. This is a free forum. Cant really gripe about things. How about just not opening the classified listings?

CFrance 10-14-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1306450)
You get what you pay for. This is a free forum. Cant really gripe about things. How about just not opening the classified listings?

Been through all this before when people were posting 25 separate classifieds for things at $2 each. Trashy. People complained, and Admin agreed and did something about it.

So no, I don't wish to wade through a hundred classifieds trying to figure out which posts are actually not classifieds. And neither do many others.

photo1902 10-14-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1306454)
Been through all this before when people were posting 25 separate classifieds for things at $2 each. Trashy. People complained, and Admin agreed and did something about it.

So no, I don't wish to wade through a hundred classifieds trying to figure out which posts are actually not classifieds. And neither do many others.

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see "a hundred classifieds" on my main page. Maybe 50% of the posts are, but not hundreds, by any stretch.

CFrance 10-14-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1306462)
Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see "a hundred classifieds" on my main page. Maybe 50% of the posts are, but not hundreds, by any stretch.

This goes way back to before you ever started posting. The votes were in then. People wanted the classifieds hidden so they don't have to wade through pages looking for thread titles that don't seem like they'll be classifieds.

Don't want to know if someone's selling a wine opener for $3. The original purpose of this forum was discussion, not advertising items for sale. Admin finally acquiesced and separated the two. Now they need to fix it again, quickly as they fixed the political posting problem.

ColdNoMore 10-14-2016 04:55 PM

The political forum isn't really 'fixed.'

They just aren't allowing any new threads to be posted. :shrug:

I'm guessing they've been working on the problem(s) pretty hard for the last few days....and are even more frustrated than some members.

CFrance 10-14-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1306471)
The political forum isn't really 'fixed.'

They just aren't allowing any new threads to be posted. :shrug:

I'm guessing they've been working on the problem(s) pretty hard for the last few days....and are even more frustrated than some members.

Thanks for that info. Since I don't go on the political forum, I didn't realize and assumed it was fixed.

photo1902 10-14-2016 08:25 PM

Ho-hum. Such troubles in life.

photo1902 10-15-2016 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alancusa (Post 1306572)
Nonsense. They make plenty from advertisers. They need to replace some of their censorship time with fixing the problem time.

Again, maybe I'm missing something. Where is the "hundred" classified listings I have to scroll through? incidentally, I'd rather scroll through a few classifieds as opposed to book reviews, a bad meal at Bonefish, and complaints of driver behavior in the traffic circles.

Biker Dog 10-15-2016 07:12 AM

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem. Hope they fix it quickly.

Bogie Shooter 10-15-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1306577)
Again, maybe I'm missing something. Where is the "hundred" classified listings I have to scroll through? incidentally, I'd rather scroll through a few classifieds as opposed to book reviews, a bad meal at Bonefish, and complaints of driver behavior in the traffic circles.

So what is it you really enjoy reading?