Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Mexican Grille at Colony (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mexican-grille-colony-214580/)

rivaridger1 10-17-2016 12:29 PM

Mexican Grille at Colony

:a040: I have not seen any posts relating to this place recently. Revisited recently with my wife and had lunch. Good service, a great margarita, and excellent food. The complimentary chips and salsa were just fine as well. Will be going back.

simpkinp 10-17-2016 09:09 PM

You would find more information by using the correct name of the restaurant. Fiesta Grande. I love their Molcajete Caliente. A very hot lava pot of a Mexican stew served with tortillas. Est I have had. Enough for two meals.

golf2140 10-17-2016 09:26 PM

It's also referred to the Mexican Grille. Check out the sign !!!!

rjn5656 10-18-2016 06:31 AM

Been going there for years. Very accommodating, good food and good service.

alanmcdonald 10-18-2016 06:34 AM

Have not been there since last night. Wife had beef fajitas and I had Plato Grande. Always good food and plenty of it.

capecoralbill 10-18-2016 08:42 AM

Same here, i know it as Fiesta Grande, not Mexican Grille, I think that's a tag line sort of like "home of the whopper"
in any event I've been there twice really good both times.

rivaridger1 10-18-2016 02:03 PM

Why is it worthwhile discussing in length whether a restaurant named Fiesta Grande Mexican Grille should be referred as Fiesta Grande or the Mexican Grille ? The good old United States of America is sometimes referred to as the USA, America, the USA, etc. I'm sure someone would be more then willing to tell me which one is correct, but it is rather presumptuous to do so, don't you think ?

Bogie Shooter 10-18-2016 07:14 PM

Isn't it the only Mexican food restaurant in Colony...............what it's called hardly makes any difference.

kcrazorbackfan 10-18-2016 07:49 PM

Meh, it's okay; I don't like dark meat chicken enchilada's (happened twice). Really noisy in there when full; ate there last Wednesday night with golf group; taco salad was good. The Mexican restaurant in Wildwood has better food and is quieter.

dbussone 10-18-2016 08:24 PM

The Mexican restaurant at Colony has a very checkered past with the health department. Currently it has a score of 96. The last score was in the low '60s. I really don't care what the style is. But I do want it to be consistently safe. And it has been anything but that.

Get an app called "What the health FL"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandtrap328 10-19-2016 07:40 AM

I also have eaten at this "Mexican" restaurant and just do not like their style of cooking. The tomato sauce is actually sweet and the owner said he adds sugar because that is how older customers like it.

Yes, it is a very noisy restaurant but that could be overlooked IF the food was good. It isn't good.

LuckySevens 10-19-2016 09:07 AM

Agree............LOVE Los Magueyes in Wildwood way better than Fiesta Grande.

yesi3putt2 10-20-2016 02:36 PM

My favorite is Ay Jilesco in Spanish Springs..tried all the others but none tops it..Draft beer pitcher with ice tube in center and draft tap..$6..Lunchs start $5.49...verrrry reasonable and delicious..never had a bad experience there..staff is super