Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Homes for sale by villagers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/homes-sale-villagers-216099/)

Maureen 10-29-2016 10:51 AM

Homes for sale by villagers

Why are people listing with no pictures and not much information. Seriously looking and thought this would be a great place to find our home.

VILLAGERBB 10-29-2016 12:40 PM

Maureen,
Try
VillagersFSBO.com

Maureen 10-29-2016 04:50 PM

Thank you, very much. This is very helpful.

justjim 10-29-2016 06:47 PM

I wrote a comment regarding homes for sale by owners in The Villages and then deleted it. I will try again. For those not familiar with real estate in The Villages, I will only say to you: Be careful as there are homes for sale by owners that are higher priced than similar homes of equal value. If you are not familiar with real estate in The Villages, you might want to consider an Agent that knows the market and one you can trust. Having said that, there are some homes by owner that are listed at a fair price. Lastly, if you insist on buying without professional help and advice, due diligence and take your time in making such an important decision.

BTY, I am not a realtor nor do I give specific advise. Good luck ---The Villages is a wonderful place to live and retire.

Maureen 10-30-2016 09:39 AM

I have noticed the higher prices. I have done quite a bit of homework and know what type of home and areas we like. Thank you

Blessed2BNTV 10-30-2016 09:43 AM

I bought and sold a home through TOTV for sale by owner. Both sales turned out very well and became good friends with both buyers and sellers.

I do understand using a professional for buying and selling homes in TV.

SALYBOW 10-30-2016 11:16 AM

What kind of home are you looking for? We have an Iris for sale in the best section of Buttonwood. It is 1967 sq ft, has many extras: granite counter tops, extended lanai and patio, golf cart garage, painted garage floor, and enhanced landscaping. We figure that by selling it ourselves we can save both seller and buyer money. It has been evaluated by two realtors and they both said approx. 326,000. We would be willing to drop down 2000 dollares to the right buyer. If this is of interest to you, IM me. Sally

gadaboutgal 10-30-2016 06:34 PM

We have a patio villa for sale in Duval that I have listed on Talk of the Villages. I have tried and tried to get pictures on my listing, but they will not post. I, also, know that others who are selling have the same issue, too.
However I have stated in my posting, for those interested, I can email pictures.
I have not seen "overpriced" homes listed on TOT. For example, we had a Village agent come and evaluate and give us comps. We price our home to include only 1/2 the real estate fee.

Maureen 11-04-2016 07:20 AM

Thank you.

Maureen 11-04-2016 07:22 AM

We are looking for a courtyard villa, but closer to the $225,000 range.

SALYBOW 11-04-2016 12:32 PM

Cyv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 1315010)
We are looking for a courtyard villa, but closer to the $225,000 range.

Possible for a 2 BR

George1527 12-09-2016 04:13 PM

I have a court villa in that range move in ready appliances less that 3 years old going up very soon