Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   How this independent undecided voter finally made a decision (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/how-independent-undecided-voter-finally-made-decision-216702/)

twinklesweep 11-02-2016 04:32 PM

How this independent undecided voter finally made a decision

Let's face it: These are the best candidates the major parties can offer the voting public? There are problems with both, and many voters who are undecided may be undecided right up to election day. I hear some voters saying they will sit out this election. I can't do that. As an immigrant offspring (well, we all are except for the Indians), I was brought up to know that being able to vote is a privilege and I would never not vote.

I was part of the undecided till now, being unhappy with both candidates. Heres what happened. One candidate is constantly invading the privacy of my home with phone call after phone call after phone call, much to the annoyance of me and my family. And thats how we feel, like our privacy is being invaded and we are being harrassed, which we feel shows a lack of respect. Disrespect is not presidential. The only way I can express how I feel is by voting for the other candidate. I never thought it would reach this point, but it did. Less than a week more of this. Cant wait for it to be over.

rjm1cc 11-02-2016 04:55 PM

I think a big problem is that a lot of us do not actually analysis each candidate but just go with ??. I think the problem starts with poor analytical skills and I blame that on the education system.

John_W 11-02-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
...One candidate is constantly invading the privacy of my home with phone call after phone call after phone call, much to the annoyance of me and my family...

I know what you mean, since I'm registered a Democrat I've had 3 phone calls from them just today, one from St. Pete, one from Miami and one local. So when they say, have you voted yet? I say yes, today. They ask, you voted for Hillary right? I say, No, my wife and I voted for Trump. Then I hang up.

virgind 11-02-2016 06:40 PM

Well I hope you did in fact vote for Trump.

Don Baldwin 11-03-2016 05:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Let's face it: These are the best candidates the major parties can offer the voting public? There are problems with both, and many voters who are undecided may be undecided right up to election day. I hear some voters saying they will sit out this election. I can't do that. As an immigrant offspring (well, we all are except for the Indians), I was brought up to know that being able to vote is a privilege and I would never not vote.

I was part of the undecided till now, being unhappy with both candidates. Heres what happened. One candidate is constantly invading the privacy of my home with phone call after phone call after phone call, much to the annoyance of me and my family. And thats how we feel, like our privacy is being invaded and we are being harrassed, which we feel shows a lack of respect. Disrespect is not presidential. The only way I can express how I feel is by voting for the other candidate. I never thought it would reach this point, but it did. Less than a week more of this. Cant wait for it to be over.

Don't sit it out...just don't vote for a D or R.

If you decide who to vote for because they "call you a lot"...I don't know what to say...

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I think a big problem is that a lot of us do not actually analysis each candidate but just go with ??. I think the problem starts with poor analytical skills and I blame that on the education system.

Analysis is impossible when the information/facts needed are hidden. We ONLY "know" what they want us to know.

Mrs. Robinson 11-03-2016 10:46 AM

I've had four calls from Ivanka already -- two of them actually in one day.

Too bad my fist can't go through the telephone.

MDLNB 11-03-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I've had four calls from Ivanka already -- two of them actually in one day.

Too bad my fist can't go through the telephone.

I have three phones, a home phone and two cell phones between my wife and I. I have received NO political calls. But, when I get robo calls, I hang up. The trick is when answering, only say "hello" once and wait. Do not repeat it. I have noticed that if it is a computer generated robo call, if they do not hear anything more, they disconnect.

twinklesweep 11-07-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I've had 3 phone calls from them just today, one from St. Pete, one from Miami and one local. So when they say, have you voted yet? I say yes, today. They ask, you voted for Hillary right? I say, No, my wife and I voted for Trump. Then I hang up.

As a result of the constant barrage of calls invading my home (only in behalf of one candidate), resentful as it makes me, I finally had to stop answering my own phone. When I did answer, I never got a call like the poster I'm quoting, that is, when it was a person, I was NEVER asked who I voted for or would vote for. I can't even imagine that! Until I stopped answering my own phone, most calls were recordings either making a pitch or inviting me to a special event. When it was a live person, I would politely listen because I cannot slam a phone down on anyone, but it would still rankle me to the point that, as I say, I don't answer the phone anymore.

Quote:

Posted by Guest
If you decide who to vote for because they "call you a lot"...I don't know what to say....

My decision to vote for the candidate who did not hound me by constantly invading my personal space does not stem from some arbitrary idea but rather my feeling that the other candidate, with the endless hounding phone calls (more than once a day), seems to reflect a desperation or an insecurity or complete lack of awareness of civility. Invasive phone calling is just that--invasive. It's certainly not intelligent and thoughtful campaigning.

Hopefully it will all be over by this time tomorrow! Hopefully....