Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website Support and Testing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/)
-   -   Political Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/political-forum-217683/)

PennBF 11-10-2016 09:15 AM

Political Forum

Has TOTV now opened up to all comments, etc regarding "Political Talk" and there are no restrictions regarding the normal input from members?:police:

TOTV Team 11-11-2016 08:38 AM

We moved this to the TOTV support section because the users on TOTV would not be able to answer this but the Admin/Mods would need to be asked about any changes to the TOTV format.

There has not been any changes in the rules on politics. No political comments are allowed in the general forums. If you like you can subscribe to the Political forums. When you post your user name is hidden and shows as guest unless you use Tap A Talk a 3rd party app which we don't control. The political forums are not moderated by TOTV and are self moderated.

njbchbum 11-11-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1318606)
We moved this to the TOTV support section because the users on TOTV would not be able to answer this but the Admin/Mods would need to be asked about any changes to the TOTV format.

There has not been any changes in the rules on politics. No political comments are allowed in the general forums. If you like you can subscribe to the Political forums. When you post your user name is hidden and shows as guest unless you use Tap A Talk a 3rd party app which we don't control. The political forums are not moderated by TOTV and are self moderated.

How do I get the political posts removed from when I click on the menu tab 'new posts'? I prefer going directly to that forum if/when I wish to peruse there.

CFrance 11-11-2016 10:44 AM

You can't. It's broken and they can't seem to get it fixed. Now more than ever, the political forum needs to be separated from the general forum.

justjim 11-11-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1318686)
You can't. It's broken and they can't seem to get it fixed. Now more than ever, the political forum needs to be separated from the general forum.

I agree it's broken and has been for too long. The new political posts showing up with others needs to definitely be fixed. You don't have to read them, true, but the political posts dominate the new post forum. Why this can't be fixed is above my pay grade but there must be a solution for this issue. There are much "bigger" issues in the world but.......if we can't solve the little ones what hope is there to tackle the larger ones?

Polar Bear 11-11-2016 11:57 AM

Political Forum

Yeah. And if ToTV was really on top of things technically, "Guest" would show up as political post author on Tapatalk too. That is NOT beyond ToTV's control.

Seeing all the actual forum names on all political posts will never stop being a bit disturbing. (Yes, they're really there for those of you who may not have been aware.)

TOTV Team 11-11-2016 11:59 AM

We are working on the New Post issue where Political doesn't show in your new posts. Thanks for your patience.

TOTV Team 11-11-2016 12:02 PM

Polar Bear - Tap A Talk is a 3rd party app that we have no control over. We have sent several notices out regarding this. We encourage users to use our mobile version vs. Tap A Talk and that would not be an issue. It is not about us being technical. You are subscribed to a 3rd party program that we have no control over.

justjim 11-11-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1318710)
We are working on the New Post issue where Political doesn't show in your new posts. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for a reply and listening to our thoughts and concerns. Good luck in solving this technical issue.

TOTV Team 11-11-2016 12:09 PM

njbchbum and justjim - you are both subscribed to the Political forums. That is why you are seeing the political post in your new post. If you don't want to see them if you unsubscribe from the political forum you should no longer see them.

From our testing this is fixed. We CANNOT control Tap A Talk, use our mobile version. If you are subscribed to political forums you will see this in new posts.

If you see anything else that seems to be an issue please let us know.

njbchbum 11-11-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1318710)

Thanx! Looking forward to that resolution!

Polar Bear 11-11-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1318712)
Polar Bear - Tap A Talk is a 3rd party app that we have no control over. We have sent several notices out regarding this. We encourage users to use our mobile version vs. Tap A Talk and that would not be an issue. It is not about us being technical. You are subscribed to a 3rd party program that we have no control over.

As we've agreed to disagree on before...

Of course you cannot control Tap A Talk, but you certainly CAN control ToTV and how it is seen by 3rd party apps. If ToTV does not control how it is seen by 3rd party apps...well...it should.

Chi-Town 11-11-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1318709)
Yeah. And if ToTV was really on top of things technically, "Guest" would show up as political post author on Tapatalk too. That is NOT beyond ToTV's control.

Seeing all the actual forum names on all political posts will never stop being a bit disturbing. (Yes, they're really there for those of you who may not have been aware.)

Yes, they are there. It's the same five of six posters. A couple of them reply to their own posts or post three in a row thinking that we only see guest. Most are repetitive talking points. But they all feed off each other starting new threads ad nauseum. Any opposing viewpoint is pounced upon by the group. They get nasty.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

SALYBOW 11-11-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1318686)

:bigbow:

Mikeod 11-11-2016 04:39 PM

Strange. When I log in and go to New Posts, I don't get any Political threads. Wonder why some people do.