Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Trump declines $400K salary (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/trump-declines-400k-salary-217972/)

jimbo2012 11-12-2016 09:40 AM

Trump declines $400K salary

Donald Trump 'will not take one dollar' of $400,000 presidential salary upon entering White House.

Speaking at an event in September last year, he told a crowd in New Hampshire: “The first thing I'm going to do is tell you that if I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary, okay? That's not a big deal for me.” :22yikes:

He reiterated the claims in a Twitter Q&A later that month. When a follower asked: “Will you forgo the presidential salary if elected?” To which he replied: “As far as the salary is concerned- I won't take even one dollar. I am totally giving up my salary is I become president.”

During his campaign, the Republican politician made much of his claims that as a millionaire business mogul he is not bound to the bidding of financial backers

MDLNB 11-12-2016 09:46 AM

He ought to take it and donate it to different charities. That money will be wasted if congress gets hold of it.

Taltarzac725 11-12-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Donald Trump 'will not take one dollar' of $400,000 presidential salary upon entering White House.

Speaking at an event in September last year, he told a crowd in New Hampshire: “The first thing I'm going to do is tell you that if I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary, okay? That's not a big deal for me.” :22yikes:

He reiterated the claims in a Twitter Q&A later that month. When a follower asked: “Will you forgo the presidential salary if elected?” To which he replied: “As far as the salary is concerned- I won't take even one dollar. I am totally giving up my salary is I become president.”

During his campaign, the Republican politician made much of his claims that as a millionaire business mogul he is not bound to the bidding of financial backers

Except that his potential cabinet is chock full of some of the most long-in-the tooth players in the DC game. So much for draining the swamp when you enlist the fattest mosquitoes to help you do it.

He is changing his positions on stuff daily.

MDLNB 11-12-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Except that his potential cabinet is chock full of some of the most long-in-the tooth players in the DC game. So much for draining the swamp when you enlist the fattest mosquitoes to help you do it.

Until he becomes familiar with how things are run in D.C. he is going to need a few tour guides. He is likely to lay them off once he can take his training wheels off. I'm sure someone will explain to him how the classification process works so that he won't make the same "mistake" that Hillary made.

Taltarzac725 11-12-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Until he becomes familiar with how things are run in D.C. he is going to need a few tour guides. He is likely to lay them off once he can take his training wheels off. I'm sure someone will explain to him how the classification process works so that he won't make the same "mistake" that Hillary made.

I will believe that when I see it. Trump still seems to be the ultimate con man.

LitespeedRider 11-12-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I will believe that when I see it. Trump still seems to be the ultimate con man.

And yet a billionaire - jealousy of the plebeians is so funny to laugh at.

MDLNB 11-12-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
And yet a billionaire - jealousy of the plebeians is so funny to laugh at.

If Trump is a con man as the poster suggests, then that must mean the Clintons are much worst, and what would that be?

Fredster 11-12-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

The real cons are the Clintons, because even with all that is known about them they continue to con suckers like you!

Hancle704 11-12-2016 07:07 PM

He should also do away with the big parties on Jan. 20th attended by the DC elite.

Don Baldwin 11-12-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

He's "one of them", or he won't be elected. They don't give up power so easily.

Quote:

Posted by Guest
If Trump is a con man as the poster suggests, then that must mean the Clintons are much worst, and what would that be?

ALL politicians are sold out liars, con men, saying anything for your vote.

Quote:

Posted by Guest
He should also do away with the big parties on Jan. 20th attended by the DC elite.

That's where the business gets done. The only time you can get everyone who matters together in one place.