Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   You are about to make a huge mistake! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/you-about-make-huge-mistake-21902/)

Talk Host 05-10-2009 09:13 PM

You are about to make a huge mistake!

If you do not see the broadway play "The Jersey Boys" at the Bob Carr Center in Orlando. It is the story of the life of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

We saw it tonight. It is nothing short of fantastic. It plays through May 24th with daily matinee and 6:30 shows.

This is one outstanding show. Don't miss it.

JLK

Boomer 05-10-2009 09:32 PM

I saw it in Chicago. Great show.

Boomer

Helene2008 05-10-2009 09:42 PM

I agree...we saw it in Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago.

tony 05-10-2009 09:57 PM

Is it as good a Mamma Mia?

NJblue 05-10-2009 10:14 PM

We had the opportunity to see it on Broadway a year or two ago. It was a great show.

macgolfnut 05-10-2009 10:33 PM

We saw it in Chicago as well and loved it! This was the music we grew up with. It did make me wonder if folks under 45 would appreciate it as much, but there were many younger people in the audience that also seemed to be enjoying it.

jojo 05-11-2009 09:38 PM

I saw it on Broadway last month. The music is nostalgic. If you google Jersey Boys, one of the websites plays the music. I plan to see the play again the next time my husband joins me in the city.

golfnut 05-11-2009 09:44 PM

Any chance it could come to Savannah Center?..............GN

Irish Rover 05-11-2009 10:27 PM

Saw it in ST Louis and it sold out at every performance.:coolsmiley: The guy who played Frankie was terrific. A must see!!!! :eclipsee_gold_cup:
Irish

JeanneBeannie 05-12-2009 05:11 AM

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like an amazing show! I know I would love it, but I live in the sticks lol, unless maybe they come to Albany some day. I sent your info onto my sister who goes to shows all the time, I am sure she would love it. :coolsmiley:

Niels 05-12-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie (Post 203302)
Thanks for sharing, it sounds like an amazing show! I know I would love it, but I live in the sticks lol, unless maybe they come to Albany some day. I sent your info onto my sister who goes to shows all the time, I am sure she would love it. :coolsmiley:

So now Albany is living in the sticks? :a20:

Just remember JeanneBeannie, New York City and Broadway is just a day trip away. Seriously, Yankee Trails has bus trips from Albany to see the Jersey Boys on Broadway this summer for $169 including transportation and ticket. I've used Yankee Trails before to see Broadway shows and it worked out pretty good but its not cheap and does take the entire day.

Otherwise, you have to wait for the show to come to Proctors in Schenectady. They bring about six Broadway shows a year to Proctors but Jersey Boys is not on their 2009-10 schedule of shows.

JeanneBeannie 05-12-2009 12:20 PM

Uhoh Lol...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niels (Post 203321)
So now Albany is living in the sticks? :a20:

Just remember JeanneBeannie, New York City and Broadway is just a day trip away. Seriously, Yankee Trails has bus trips from Albany to see the Jersey Boys on Broadway this summer for $169 including transportation and ticket. I've used Yankee Trails before to see Broadway shows and it worked out pretty good but its not cheap and does take the entire day.

Otherwise, you have to wait for the show to come to Proctors in Schenectady. They bring about six Broadway shows a year to Proctors but Jersey Boys is not on their 2009-10 schedule of shows.

Uhoh Neils lol, noooooooo Albany is definitely not the sticks lol!! I meant where I live....I am up in a mountain, wild animals...lions and tigers and bears oh my!!! Well not really lol, but we do have bear, beautiful deer, wild turkeys etc. :shrug:. Love Albany, its about 45 minutes from here. The Proctor's is a great place, have been there a few times to see my country stars :pepper2:. I love country music! :coolsmiley:. Thanks for the info on Yankee Trails, sounds like fun!!
P.S. Regarding the Jersey Boys show...my sister just wrote back and said they have seen it twice already and loved it!! She said Jersey Boys and Mama Mia are the best she has ever seen! :eclipsee_gold_cup:.

Niels 05-12-2009 09:58 PM

Oh, I thought you meant Albany was living in the sticks. :laugh:

I saw Mamma Mia last year when it came to Proctors in Schenectady. It was a great show. I haven't seen Jersey Boys yet. Based on some of the comments here, maybe I'll try to see it later this year.