Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Steak and Shake (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/steak-shake-220056/)

jleonard 11-26-2016 10:46 PM

Steak and Shake

Always great food especially breakfast, however, always terrible service no matter what day of the week. Employees have very little desire for serving their customers and management is oblivious to any complaints.

Mrs. Robinson 11-27-2016 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleonard (Post 1326291)
Always great food especially breakfast, however, always terrible service no matter what day of the week. Employees have very little desire for serving their customers and management is oblivious to any complaints.

When management doesn't respond to constructive criticism, you should get in touch with the corporate office.

Challenger 11-27-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleonard (Post 1326291)

Haven't been there for 6 months or more for the reasons that you have expressed.

westcoast 11-27-2016 08:25 AM

We have not experienced the poor service you have. We go there a few times a month and do like there food choices and the service has been good.

rubicon 11-27-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson (Post 1326298)
When management doesn't respond to constructive criticism, you should get in touch with the corporate office.

One would like to believe that the corporate office is doing their job and making periodic field inspections.

I don't believe it is my responsibility to help manage their company. Paying for my meal is contribution enough and if they fail to perform I stop going. And this is also my contribution because they have to improve to win my business back

starflyte1 11-27-2016 10:00 AM

We go there and are happy with everything. They are usually very busy because of the low prices. I do like their hamburgers and fries.

John_W 11-27-2016 11:55 AM

I was there last week and at lunch time they have a constant line of people. I was sitting there thinking they have that large portico on the front of the building which serves no purpose other than to maybe keep the A/C from spilling outside. After you enter the actual store, there is about 48 sf of space for people to wait in line and for people to checkout and pay their bill.

My biggest complaint would be in the 5-1/2 years I've been going to the 466 location that this problem hasn't been handled, and the above mentioned portico would be the easy answer. They certainly can afford to expand that area into the portico by just removing the current wall and doorway and a few cosmetic changes.

They are always understaffed. A place this busy and they never have a designated cashier, this last trip I did notice they had a full-time hostess rather than one of the waitresses being forced into duty when not waiting on customers. The waitresses themselves do a fantastic job. Considering they work in such cramped quarters, the entire dining room should hold half as many people as they put in there with tables side-by-side just inches apart.

It's really the waitresses that keep this place going. My last trip I ordered a burger and fries, a milk shake and a side cup of chili. With all the crowds and confusion going on around, my chili arrived ontime before my meal, then came the shake and with a separate glass of water, which I didn't even ask for, and then the food, which is usually bland but it's OK for once or twice a month at most.

When I was in high school in St. Petersburg in the 60's, Steak & Shake on US 19 was out hangout. It was nothing like TV location. The inside dining room wouldn't hold 20 people. It was all curb service for about 60 cars with girls on roller skates. Next door was a vacant lot that was the future home of a Sizzler, but at that time it's where the rest of the kids parked their cars, maybe another 100. At S&S, that's what we called it, they would have 3 rent-a-cops on a Friday or Saturday night just to keep the cars moving through the lot. On weekdays we would skip out of school at lunch to eat there. The biggest treat was to see how big your S&S glass collection could be. The cokes and shakes came in big 22 ounce heavy glasses with their logo painted on. With service at our car, skipping out with glasses was the norm, I guess they went through glasses by the thousands. Sadly that location is no longer around.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4480dfa2ef.jpg

Kevin and Luci 11-27-2016 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started in my home town. First Steak n Shake building then and now....

OpusX1 11-27-2016 08:28 PM

We have not had bad service when we go, but we often sit at the counter.

pookieroo 11-28-2016 04:50 PM

Always had good service no matter what time of day. Helpful and friendly is how I would describe all of the staff.

jgm3279 11-28-2016 06:16 PM

LOVE those skinny fries!

justjim 11-28-2016 09:08 PM

It would be nice to have a Steak 'n Shake down on 466a.

jgm3279 11-28-2016 09:18 PM

Yes it would justjim!!

dietpepsi 12-15-2016 11:09 PM

there are cigarette butts there from when George Bush was potus ,,, never do they clean up outside , if they wont keep outside clean, makes u wonder about how much they care about cleaning the inside

graciegirl 12-16-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin and Luci (Post 1326563)
Started in my home town. First Steak n Shake building then and now....

Indianapolis?

"In sight it must be right."