Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Need ride from airport (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/need-ride-airport-22033/)

Jerseygirl08 05-18-2009 04:39 AM

Need ride from airport

Hopefully, this post will not violate any rules (since I am offering to pay for my request). I made reservations for return to TV on a flight that gets in at MCO at 11:01 pm. The shuttle stops running at 9:30 pm. BIG WHOOPS!! I am looking for a night owl who is willing to pick me up (only carry on bag) and bring me back to The Villages. Will pay for gas, tolls, and the $35 I would have spent for the shuttle. Any takers, please pm me. Thanks - Jersey

under55 05-18-2009 07:33 AM

Call Cliff 352-751-7698 he does this for $80.

Talk Host 05-18-2009 08:39 AM

Ask Cliff if he is insured as a livery operator. If he isn't, don't ride with him. You know why, I'm sure.

graciegirl 05-18-2009 10:44 AM

Henry was caught in that situation and opted to stay at the airport hotel.

I am not there and I can't volunteer. I am sorry you are stuck.

I am getting a little funny anyhow about highway driving at night. If one more thing goes out on me!!!:cus:

Barefoot 05-18-2009 11:34 AM

There are also drivers who will pick you up at the airport after hours using YOUR vehicle and YOUR gas. I've used them numerous times. They charge $45 including tolls.

If you need names, please PM me.

duffysmom 05-22-2009 10:30 AM

We Use Hertz

You can rent a car from Hertz for approximately $50.00. They are open 24 hours in Orlando and return it to Spanish Springs (former sales center). This way you are covered by insurance in the event of an accident.

Jerseygirl08 05-22-2009 08:48 PM

Thanks everybody, really appreciate your input. I did find a ride. I had considered renting a car but, unfortunate for me, I have to be at work at 7 a.m. the next morning so I can't return it. Not good planning on my part. Will do better next time. Thanks again for the suggestions. Appreciate it.

duffysmom 05-23-2009 05:46 PM

Fyi

For future reference, you have 24 hours to return the car.

Tweety Bird 10-24-2009 03:30 PM

Very good information! I will use this in the future. Maybe someone will come up with some better ideas as time goes on. $80 a ride is pretty greedy. :shocked: Maybe TV can come up with soemthing in the future for people who come in very late at night OR someone can come up with a good alternative hotel nearby. You STILL have to come up with cab money to get to a hotel. Isn't there a hotel IN the airport? Maybe spendy huh?

chachacha 10-25-2009 02:58 AM

hotel parking

i have the same situation but i think i am going to park my car at an airport hotel as i will only be gone six days and the cost of the room is cheaper than parking (or at least i hope it will be!) they usually let one park for a week with one overnight stay...but they are not responsible for damage to your car...